seperating email platforms

wickets

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
is there a way to be running two or more completely separate stock email or gmail email applications? I'm not fond of having one app with several email profiles. Workaround is to have several different email apps, but email clients for android arent that great and the the one that comes stock or even the hotmail one is nice enough Thanks in advance

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Are you asking if it's possible to have a single email program log into different email accounts, but not have the email profiles saved?

I'm not following your question.
nb

wickets

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
lets say you have two email accounts with google. If you use the gmail app, both accounts are on the app, but there is no way (as far as I know) to have two separate gmail apps running on your phone at the same time so that you can have have a gmail app running for each address individually. The only way I know how to have two email accounts running on a phone individually is to have completely different email apps for each of them which would be ok but as mentioned most email apps are horrible

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
There is the gmail app and there is the stock email app. You can set up the stock email app to use your 2nd gmail account.

wickets

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
thanks Pat I already do that, but i was using 2 email addy's as an example ....its more like 5 lol and so it would be super cool if i could have 5 separate gmail/stock email apps running. Hopefully someone here knows how to set that up. i could easily download 5 separate email clients, but would prefer not to do that

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
In that case your only answer is to have 5 different email apps. You can't install the same app multiple times.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to accomplish what you'd like to do.

Can you explain why you'd like it this way? Maybe one of us can figure a workaround that may allow you the functionality you'd desire.

I personally keep my main Gmail address in the Gmail App, while I keep my spam accounts and exchange account in the stock mail app. This allows me to keep things separate, with separate notifications like I'd like them.

Naa

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae