should you upgrade to nexus 4?

runningman3433

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
i went from an unlocked galaxy to nexus 4.

here's what's improved:
-power button, no more iffy performance. it actually works 100%
-gorilla glass 2, seems harder to smudge.
-device feels heavier, sturdier.
-volume is louder than galaxy.
-screen is crisper, easier to read text

dislikes:
-battery life seems to die faster with brightnes at 100% compared to galaxy.
-some colors not as saturated as galaxy (blacks and red).

the nexus 4 is a fine addition to the nexus line, i would say it's an incremental upgrade but not completley necessary.

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
i went from an unlocked galaxy to nexus 4.

here's what's improved:
-power button, no more iffy performance. it actually works 100%
-gorilla glass 2, seems harder to smudge.
-device feels heavier, sturdier.
-volume is louder than galaxy.
-screen is crisper, easier to read text

dislikes:
-battery life seems to die faster with brightnes at 100% compared to galaxy.
-some colors not as saturated as galaxy (blacks and red).

the nexus 4 is a fine addition to the nexus line, i would say it's an incremental upgrade but not completley necessary.

Like the mini review you can say. Makes my decision for one more easier. Thank you very much. Mind mentioning any improvement on signal data or anything. Compared to the gnex.

arathkone

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Interesting to see the reviews/impressions appearing of this phone.

I must admit I would upgrade from my GNexus in a heartbeat if I was given a pass to do so by the other half but I've only owned my current phone for about 10 months and bought the Nexus 7 only a couple of months ago so I've hit my gadget limit for the time being!

Having 4.2 has rekindled my love for the Galaxy for the moment though looking at camera samples and hearing of the feel the N4 has is testing me!

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
i don't know.. after 4.2 it's still feels fast to me. The only thing i don't like about Gnex is low sound. Other than that i'll keep it! Is it significantly sharper or you have to stare at it to notice the difference? i mean how much sharper can it get.. Gnex is already sharp!

runningman3433

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Like the mini review you can say. Makes my decision for one more easier. Thank you very much. Mind mentioning any improvement on signal data or anything. Compared to the gnex.

it seems my signal is half a bar stronger. in my computer room, on my galaxy i never had any towers. I have one tower now on the nexus 4.

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Cool. So it sounds to me the signal strength is a bit stronger. Thank you for the update. I want to get the n4 but am now torn between it and the htc one x+

shkim698

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
i don't know.. after 4.2 it's still feels fast to me. The only thing i don't like about Gnex is low sound. Other than that i'll keep it! Is it significantly sharper or you have to stare at it to notice the difference? i mean how much sharper can it get.. Gnex is already sharp!

why don't you download Volume+ app, got it on my gnex and now it's too loud, haha.
I was planning to buy Nexus 4 but only had my gnex for 6 months and been playing around with the custom rom.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
why don't you download Volume+ app, got it on my gnex and now it's too loud, haha.
I was planning to buy Nexus 4 but only had my gnex for 6 months and been playing around with the custom rom.

Has the developer updated Volume + to work with jelly bean? The Google play description is still asking for paying users to be "patient".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

Volume+ is not compatible with the stock 4.1 and 4.2 ROMS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek