How do I delete Google+ picture albums from my gallery on the Galaxy Nexus?

sizzlinninja

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody have any idea how to delete synced Google+ picture albums out of my photo gallery? When I go to gallery, there are all these picture albums off of my Google+ that I DO NOT want on my phone. And it will not let me delete these albums or the pictures in the albums. Also, I deleted all the pictures on Google+ in hopes of it also removing them from my phone as well, but it didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks!

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
If they're gone from Google+, can't you just unsync Google+ pictures in your Google account? I have my Google+ pics unsynced, and they don't show up in my phone. Maybe also unsync Picasa?

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
You have to delete them on your Google+ account and then resync if they don't disappear shortly on their own. Then turn off syncing. Also, turn up auto upload in Google+ or else every picture you take will upload to your Google+ account and also appear in a folder called "uploaded photos".

jay d s

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Search for picasa using google.

Your pics will be and are stored in a web album in picasa.
(yuo may need to be logged into google+ for this)
Delete each album or pic you dont want by clicking into the album, then select action from the drop down menu above and then delete album. once all your unwanted albums or pics are deleted from picasa, they will not appear in the Nexus4 gallery.
It did my head in and in the end i found this solution. also be careful as the default setting in google+ is to upload your pics instantly. this means any pic you take is uploaded to google+ and picasa.

emailme189

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
You have to delete them on your Google+ account and then resync if they don't disappear shortly on their own. Then turn off syncing. Also, turn up auto upload in Google+ or else every picture you take will upload to your Google+ account and also appear in a folder called "uploaded photos".
There's no need to delete the albums in Google+ (or Picasa), just clear the sync data from your phone following the steps on this post:
almost a technocrat: How to removed synced Picasa photos from Samsung Galaxy Nexus photo galery

It worked on my Galaxy Nexus. In case you are wondering, I didn't lose the photos stored in my phone's memory (the ones I took with my phone's camera). Only the ones that were sync'ed from the online albums were gone from the Gallery.

vicviper74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Back up what you want to keep first!
READY?
NOW
Go to setting,
go to apps,
move to All,
scroll to Media Storage
Select Clear Data.. Thats the actual pics.
NOW go to Gallery
and Clear that data too.

DONE
this will delete EVERYTHING every image, every video........ you have been warned!

now goto Home screen open the gallery app. you should have allota NADA!

J_BAR

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Can someone verify a few thing for me. I take lots of pictures and have instant upload enabled to Google+. My Nexus 4 is rapidly filling up it's onboard memory space (16GB). I want to start purging my local pictures in my camera roll. I have instant upload on and the pictures are already online in the instant upload folder.
1. If all of my camera roll photos are already uploaded to Google+ via instant upload, can I delete those locally and the pictures still remain online in the Google+ instant upload or other folders?
2. Is there a way to keep auto-upload on, and look at your online Google+ folder pics via gallery, but not have the real entire photos downloaded to your local phone (i.e. downloading the pic each time like looking at an online photo gallery)? It seems to me that all of the Google+ folders' photos are stored full size locally.
I do not see how Google selling low storage Nexus devices works with their Google+ online picture storage if it is a 2-way synch for all of your folders' pictures.
Any clarification appreciated.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
settings/accounts/google/****@gmail.com/turn off sync for Google+. Just leave the upload feature enabled in the Google+ settings.

Alexis Gleckler

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Im having this same problem. I went into my google+ account, and deleted all my pictures, and albums. But i dont know how to unsync my google+ Pictures, or unsync picasa ? I rele need help for this because its taking up my phones space, that i need. and i cant download any apps because its taking up to much space.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Im having this same problem. I went into my google+ account, and deleted all my pictures, and albums. But i dont know how to unsync my google+ Pictures, or unsync picasa ? I rele need help for this because its taking up my phones space, that i need. and i cant download any apps because its taking up to much space.

SETTINGS>ACCOUNTS>GOOGLE>*your email*>uncheck "GOOGLE PHOTOS" ; and anything else that you don't need. Then go to SETTINGS>APPS> find GALLERY and hit "CLEAR DATA" That should do that trick.