Remapping search button to search locally within an app
I just started using the Samsung Google Nexus S SPH-D720 and one of the things that I have noticed is when I press the search button it opens the search app. Frequently, what I want to do is search within an app. For example, in the Gmail app, I might want to search only within my e-mails not through everything on the phone. On my previous android phone, when the Gmail app was open and I pressed the search button, it would open search within the app rather than a search across the entire phone. Is there any way to change the search button so that when pressed, it opens search within the particular app I have open at the time and not open the search app to search across the entire phone?
Thank you in advance for your help.
- 11-29-2012, 01:37 PM #3
Re: Remapping search button to search locally within an app
Thanks for the response. That is so frustrating. That means I am not able to quickly search for contacts either... I don't understand why they would make it a global command instead of a local command in the app. Is there any way to remap buttons or does that require rooting?
- 11-29-2012, 04:37 PM #5
- 11-30-2012, 01:34 PM #6
- By drmaf894c in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 9Last Post: 08-27-2012, 10:31 PM
- By bmaher in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 06-04-2012, 02:37 PM
- By flamingoezz in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 10Last Post: 02-02-2011, 08:09 PM
- By email@example.com in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 12-17-2010, 09:34 PM
- By biggbrother2 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 09-27-2010, 01:28 PM