Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: Is the Galaxy Nexus still worth?

The online price for the N4 8gb is about the $10 cheaper then Aus 16gb, its not that much of a mark up. Most of the play stores are about $75 more then the US, so the online price outside the play store isn't too much of a mark up if thats your worry! and it should come down a little as their is more coming onto the market.

KOGAN sells the GNex at an affordable price.
    » Tom Fairclough «
    » Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae «
    » I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune «
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

My new look

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is the Galaxy Nexus still worth?-uploadfromtaptalk1355616947297.jpg  

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

I went with the GNex vs the N4. The GNex is a great phone. I've owned several android phones and I want something that lasts a long time as I don't like to just buy something because it's brand new. The updates are great and it's fun not having to wait for them.
    TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) • CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
    Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) • Deleterious ROM
    HTC EVO 4G • Deck's Reloaded ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked • Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
    B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail • Half A$$ed ROM
    EVO Shift• JellyBelly ROM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 • DanKang 4.3.1 ROM

MERCDROID likes this.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

I was content with my GNex but picked up an N4 16gb with bumper from Craigslist yesterday for LESS than Play Store cost so couldn't pass it up.

Two things I've noticed are significantly faster mobile download speeds and the screen (no more dirty whites and screen door effect).

Now to see how well the GNex GSM has held its value :-)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

My Samsung galaxy nexus is still plenty capible of keeping up with the pack. I'm running a flashed stock Google ROM , getting official OTA updates straight from Google, now at 4.3. . funny how my friend just bought an s4 on 4.2.2 .... Lol ... And my 3 year old beast still has better.... Nexus is pure, open and precise.... Stay away from bloatware and carrier branded updates/timelines.. Gnex 4life

Global Posts
    545 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
    My Samsung galaxy nexus is still plenty capible of keeping up with the pack. I'm running a flashed stock Google ROM , getting official OTA updates straight from Google, now at 4.3. . funny how my friend just bought an s4 on 4.2.2 .... Lol ... And my 3 year old beast still has better.... Nexus is pure, open and precise.... Stay away from bloatware and carrier branded updates/timelines.. Gnex 4life
    Lets not carried away...Hoping the N5 is right around the corner..
    N5 Black 32GB 4.4.4(I love this thing!!), N4 (4.4.4), iphone 5, ONE+ONE On Order N7(4.4.4) AT&T The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...

Compared to all your other options yep, the gnex is the best.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My Gnex has been through a lot, and I love it, but I don't know for how much longer it can last.
    My Gnex is getting tired, I open Chrome as an example, everything shuts down (I have Swapps, this closes, if I am playing a podcast this stops--this happens all the time especially podcasts and I tried Beyondpod and Pocketcasts, it will just stop if your breathe on the Gnex). I had 160Mb of RAM available when this happen earlier, but everything always shuts down and I don't use task killers. Now a new issue, if my battery is below 15% and plugged in, it will not charge, last night I rebooted the phone, it charged for three minutes then went to plug in your charger. I thought the USB port was bad, but I tried the pogo pins as I bought the dock last year from Google, same thing, took five tries before the Gnex starting charging via the Pogo pins, and my Gnex sees that it is being plugged into a computer; battery maybe,who knows.
    I was going to get a HTC One via T-Mo, but I would rather have a Nexus, I want o get a 5 when it comes out, hopefully my Gnex can hold out.

I must be in the minority. I hate my GNex. It is SLOW and not very reliable. I am currently running CM10.1.2 installed on a clean factory wiped phone. I am also running the latest Franco kernel. I don't know what it is with this phone. It is very inconsistent. Sometimes it works ok. Other times it is mind numbingly slow. For example, I'll take it out of my pocket and hit my email app. (K-9 Pro). Sometimes it starts right up, other times I can wait, 10-15-30 seconds. It depends. It is so frustrating.
    I also like to use my phone when I travel for business in the following way. I use it for Nav and I also use TuneIn Pro to listen to certain radio stations in the rental car. Well, when running these 2 apps, the phone can almost grind to a halt. It also heats up and gets very hot. When it gets this hot, it stops charging. So then my battery gets drained very quickly.
    I am trying to figure out what to do. I am on unlimited data. I'd rather not give it up (even though, I only use less than 3GB per month). I'd also rather not spend upwards of $600 for a new phone. (The LG G2 has me quite intrigued) I won't even consider the Galaxy S4 because of how much I dislike the GNex. Sigh. Every additional day with this phone makes me hate it even more.
    My wife has the Droid Razr MAXX. (Same era as mine) Her phone is so much better than mine. More responsive, better phone call quality.

I agree, developer community will have your back. I have a good, and enjoy the custom rom s
    The phone has been flashed many times. My wife has a nexus 4 she loves it. Don't get me wrong I love my phone but the screen it amazing on the n4. Someone used the terms, '' more life like '' when comparing the screen to a g3. The n4 has glass backing and though it feels hefty its also looks and feels more high end.

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Nexus 4 price just dropped $100. So, if you are getting a GNex really cheap it's worth it. But, now, if you are paying around $200 for a used Gnex, you're paying too much

Galaxy Nexus is a legend device . Still using it and I really prefer it.

Posted via Android Central App

Only problem with the Nexus 4 is that it doesn't work on Verizon. Otherwise, I would have one.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Quote Originally Posted by YAYTech View Post
    Only problem with the Nexus 4 is that it doesn't work on Verizon. Otherwise, I would have one.
    Oh well that's an issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4

I got myself a galaxy nexus for myself for Christmas. I really like it and price went down for one at gazelle in great shape. I sold my S2 and got a galaxy exhibit as a backup. I like that nexus uses a standard sim. I have broken two phones with an adapter so never again will I use them unless I get two phones that use micro sims.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12