Emptying Android trash

Razor09

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if there's a way now to empty trash on a Nexus without having to pick each email individually (a select all)? I'm using my IP stock email. I can log in at home on my PC and receive and delete all the emails I want but it only affects the inbox on my cell, not the trash. If I have say 20 emails in the inbox on my Nexus and download them on my PC, the next time I go into my mail on the cell the inbox ones are gone. I don't know, maybe I should stop deleting them from the inbox and just leave them there until I remove them on the PC.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
If you are connecting using a POP3 account the answer is no. Emptying the trash on your PC will not automatically empty it on the phone. If you are connecting via IMAP it depends on your provider, but is should work. An example is gmail on your phone. It connects via IMAP. If you go to your account on the web via your PC and delete the items in your trash, they will get deleted on your phone the next time your Google account syncs.

Razor09

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
If you are connecting using a POP3 account the answer is no. Emptying the trash on your PC will not automatically empty it on the phone. If you are connecting via IMAP it depends on your provider, but is should work. An example is gmail on your phone. It connects via IMAP. If you go to your account on the web via your PC and delete the items in your trash, they will get deleted on your phone the next time your Google account syncs.

Unfortunately I'm using a POP3 account. Hopefully a 'select all' will added.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
You may want to see if you can delete the account and set it up again as IMAP. Most ISPs will now let you do this. There may be more manual setup steps involved but it is worth it.

Razor09

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Well I did a quick fix and deleted the account (and all the trash). I created the account again but maybe I'll try and go with IMAP. Thanks guys.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci