Emptying Android trash
Does anyone know if there's a way now to empty trash on a Nexus without having to pick each email individually (a select all)? I'm using my IP stock email. I can log in at home on my PC and receive and delete all the emails I want but it only affects the inbox on my cell, not the trash. If I have say 20 emails in the inbox on my Nexus and download them on my PC, the next time I go into my mail on the cell the inbox ones are gone. I don't know, maybe I should stop deleting them from the inbox and just leave them there until I remove them on the PC.
- 12-05-2012, 08:25 AM #2
- 2,720 Posts
Re: Emptying Android trash
If you are connecting using a POP3 account the answer is no. Emptying the trash on your PC will not automatically empty it on the phone. If you are connecting via IMAP it depends on your provider, but is should work. An example is gmail on your phone. It connects via IMAP. If you go to your account on the web via your PC and delete the items in your trash, they will get deleted on your phone the next time your Google account syncs.
- 12-05-2012, 01:18 PM #4
- 12-05-2012, 05:24 PM #5
- By Hoib in forum T-Mobile Optimus TReplies: 30Last Post: 03-03-2016, 06:08 AM
- By 1812dave in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 31Last Post: 12-15-2014, 07:19 PM
- By rogodeter in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 8Last Post: 09-06-2011, 10:51 AM
- By ctobola#AC in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 1Last Post: 04-25-2011, 08:01 AM
- By sermon8r in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 4Last Post: 12-27-2010, 09:59 AM