- 2 Posts
Goggle Nexus Contact Sync Issue
I've just joined the Android team with a Google Nexus (GT-i9250). Although, I have linked my Google account with the phone and it syncs all the remaining elements, Contacts is the one thing it does not and ends up with the msg: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly".
I have a standard Nexus without any upgrades or off-market changes and it does not have an exchange server connected to it.
Two others points of concern:
1. Can I sync the GNexus with Outlook (contacts) via my laptops, using Samsung Kite or another sofware?
2. The phone is asking me to upgrade to Jellybean 4.1 - do I accept and if so, would I lose my data (pics and contacts)?
Thank you for all your help and hopefully I will be happy camper when it comes to the Droid family!
- 12-06-2012, 09:51 AM #2
- 2,721 Posts
Re: Goggle Nexus Contact Sync Issue
It should sync all of the current gmail contacts that show up in your gmail account on the web. Sometimes I get the same message when I am trying to do a manual sync. It usually goes through later. Make sure Google is listed as one of your sncying accounts under settings/accounts. Tap it, then tap the top section again and make sure contacts is checked off as well as anything else you want sync'd.
You can export your Outlook contacts to a csv file on your PC and then import it into your gmail contacts. You may have to do some housekeeping to them after that to get them the way you want them. To simplify that you can open that export file in Excel and get rid of any columns you don't want imported. For example, maybe you just want names, phone numbers and email addresses.
You will not lose anything with a OTA update. Update away!
- 12-08-2012, 08:55 PM #3
- 12-09-2012, 02:32 PM #4
- 12-10-2012, 12:33 PM #5
- By ebrown126 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 5Last Post: 03-19-2011, 06:44 AM
- By qwerty1 in forum AT&T ATRIXReplies: 1Last Post: 02-21-2011, 06:54 PM
- By matthewdlyons in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 5Last Post: 09-07-2010, 09:58 PM
- By webmatt01 in forum Motorola Droid 2Replies: 4Last Post: 09-04-2010, 03:19 PM
- By Kaizmuth in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 4Last Post: 03-07-2010, 05:03 AM