Goggle Nexus Contact Sync Issue

Reza Jivani

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I've just joined the Android team with a Google Nexus (GT-i9250). Although, I have linked my Google account with the phone and it syncs all the remaining elements, Contacts is the one thing it does not and ends up with the msg: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly".

I have a standard Nexus without any upgrades or off-market changes and it does not have an exchange server connected to it.

Two others points of concern:

1. Can I sync the GNexus with Outlook (contacts) via my laptops, using Samsung Kite or another sofware?

2. The phone is asking me to upgrade to Jellybean 4.1 - do I accept and if so, would I lose my data (pics and contacts)?

Thank you for all your help and hopefully I will be happy camper when it comes to the Droid family! :)

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
It should sync all of the current gmail contacts that show up in your gmail account on the web. Sometimes I get the same message when I am trying to do a manual sync. It usually goes through later. Make sure Google is listed as one of your sncying accounts under settings/accounts. Tap it, then tap the top section again and make sure contacts is checked off as well as anything else you want sync'd.

You can export your Outlook contacts to a csv file on your PC and then import it into your gmail contacts. You may have to do some housekeeping to them after that to get them the way you want them. To simplify that you can open that export file in Excel and get rid of any columns you don't want imported. For example, maybe you just want names, phone numbers and email addresses.

You will not lose anything with a OTA update. Update away! :)

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
U won't loose any data.... Update it right away... May b ur problem will b fixed win the update

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

SteveMW

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I've just joined the Android team with a Google Nexus (GT-i9250). Although, I have linked my Google account with the phone and it syncs all the remaining elements, Contacts is the one thing it does not and ends up with the msg: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly".

Try going into Google under Accounts in the settings menu. Select your account, then toggle the checkbox tor Contacts.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12