Does swype works on android 4.2.1

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Can't install the SWYPE keyboard on my updated galaxy nexus.... Anyone facing the same issue?..... Any solution?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

gtbarry

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
If you have the swype beta from beta.swype.com already installed on your device running 4.2, try this.....

-
select swype as your keyboard
- Settings > Apps > ALL > disable Android Keyboard (it will appear at the bottom of the list as "disabled" now)
- Reboot the phone

You may occasionally get the "swype has stopped working" message but it will always be working.

(Personally, I recommend you go to swiftkey.net and try to get the swiftkey Flow beta instead)

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Yup I got the swiftkey flow instead... M it rocks..... Thanks dude..... :D:D

jacob_swype

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just thought you all should know that the bug with the Swype Beta Installer (that got in the way of installing on 4.2.1) has been fixed.

Run the installer and you should be good to go!

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Swype still shows error. 'Swype has stopped working'....plz fix that.....

Cheers!

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Just installed swype, it is indeed fixed now so you can install it. Thanks for informing me you guys! Been missing swype, was using swift key flow beta, it's decent but I still feel swype is better for some reason.

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I second u npark..I used swift key flow for 4 days.....decent but not as easy going as Swype....u have to swipe precisely to get the right word there...whereas is Swype it awesomely predicts everything with ur swipe......

Just get a colorful trail like swiftkey flow....

rgm1266

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Swype was working for me the other day and now it's not. It's not autospacing and the first letter of every word is capitalized. I downlaoded the most current version and still getting this error. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

Edit: It works fine when texting. But doesn't work properly when using web based input.

Last edited:

gtbarry

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
My personal review of swype vs. SwiftKey Flow so far:

Swype
Definitely, but not significatnly, better at the swiping of letters (duh, right?) and the ability to edit personal dictionary is a plus

SwiftKey Flow
Only slightly better at word prediction and swiping of letters is being auto-customized and better every day. Voice to text is quicker and slightly more accurate then swype.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power