ROM manger issue

NeoX12

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
So i click 'flash clockwork recovery'
It downloads something and then the progress bar gets full and there's a 'success' message along with a message that goes " Su granted to ROM manager " or something.
But I still can't locate the backup folder in the clockworkrecovery folder.
Adding to that, I also clicked 'fix permissions' because i was getting desperate. No luck..

help?

NeoX12

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Sure you could use that link or this one below...

[Kernel] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel

I was reading throughout that thread and found that many people were reporting issues like battery charging and other stuff... Is it safe? :S

1.) Can I switch back to stock kernel anytime?
2.) Flashing a kernel doesn't wipe anything out right?
3.) Which is better? The Revolution HD ROM or CyanogenMod 10 ? The latter reported to have battery issues earlier .. from what I've read.
4.) Are there any ROMs not compatible with the Lean kernel?
5.) Which do i flash - The kernel first or the ROM first?

Thank you for your support. Any place I can write a + report on you? <3 :D :D :D

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I was reading throughout that thread and found that many people were reporting issues like battery charging and other stuff... Is it safe? :S

1.) Can I switch back to stock kernel anytime?
Yes that is where your Nandroid Backup you made in your custom recovery comes into play... Restore your backup. Look around you might get lucky and find someone way back some time ago when the Nexus was first released that posted the bone stock kernel. No guarantees but its worth a look.
2.) Flashing a kernel doesn't wipe anything out right?
Correct. Flashing the kernel will not clear anything out.
3.) Which is better? The Revolution HD ROM or CyanogenMod 10 ? The latter reported to have battery issues earlier .. from what I've read.
CM has always had okay battery life at best. CM focuses on the ROM ' OS ' and not so much the kernel.
4.) Are there any ROMs not compatible with the Lean kernel?
No. You can use any kernel you like on any ROM. But as you have read already, kernels react differently depending on which ROM they are installed. Just a lot of trial and error. Again.. Make your backups
5.) Which do i flash - The kernel first or the ROM first?
ROM then boot up, shut down and go back into recovery and flash the kernel.
Thank you for your support. Any place I can write a + report on you? <3 :D :D :D

Glad I can help. Your thanks or likes is good enough for me :)

NeoX12

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
1.) Which ROM do you use? CM 10 with Lean. Good combo?
2.) I'm thinking of underclocking a bit to keep performance at a top notch but save some battery life too. What would be a good range bro?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I normally stay away from CM. Nothing wrong with it but I just prefer others...

I run AOKP ROM. Its basically CM with even more customizing and options built in. In the past the heavier or bulker a ROM would get a bad rep but AOKP and others have come a long way since then and my battery life is decent and the ROM preforms great.

AOKP - RootzWiki

NeoX12

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I normally stay away from CM. Nothing wrong with it but I just prefer others...

I run AOKP ROM. Its basically CM with even more customizing and options built in. In the past the heavier or bulker a ROM would get a bad rep but AOKP and others have come a long way since then and my battery life is decent and the ROM preforms great.

AOKP - RootzWiki

Gotcha'!

Downloading: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading aokp_maguro_jb_milestone-1.zip
Is that okay? I'm going to flash that. Then I'll boot into recovery, and then follow a YT guide on flashing a kernel. Then use your link here: [Kernel] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel (4.6.0, 5.1.1, 12/2/12) - [GSM] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki and flash that too.

Hope I get good battery life and sexy performance! :D
Also, may I have a good range for setting the clockspeed? What's yours?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds good on all your doing. Really flashing the kernel is very simple.. Just boot into your recovery and install the same way as you would a ROM except you don't wipe data or cache. At the very most you wipe Dalvik cache.

Battery life isn't too bad. I'm a tad heavy user.

Clockspeed, I run stock settings... You can play around if you like..