Common issues with nexus ?

citan

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
Im a iphone user and wanted to pickup a used nexus on Verizon. Are there any issues that is should be looking for (ie. overheating, screen banding)?

I tried a htc rezound and had issues w overheating and dropped signal and poor battery life, does the nexus have these problems.

Thanks a lot!

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
Im a iphone user and wanted to pickup a used nexus on Verizon. Are there any issues that is should be looking for (ie. overheating, screen banding)?

I tried a htc rezound and had issues w overheating and dropped signal and poor battery life, does the nexus have these problems.

Thanks a lot!

I suggest you do a search here and on Google. You'll find all the info you need and then some.

fifthbus

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Long story short, the Galaxy Nexus is still a very nice device. The battery life leaves much to be desired, but I haven't heard of any signal concerns with Verizon. GSM prepaid is really the only section of Galaxy Nexus phones that have issues with that. I'd recommend grabbing a larger battery (If you don't want to ruin the sleekness of the phone, there are still larger capacity batteries that don't require new back covers.) but other than that, I've been nothing but happy with mine and I know others that feel the same.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Gnex on the 30th and I'm still loving this device. The only drawback is battery life was kinda better on my s2 but my s2 didn't have lte and 32gb of memory :D

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

e3e5uzug.jpg

citan

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, how is the oem extended battery, does it make a difference ?
Also, when using LTE, does the phone get really hot?

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
The main issue that I've had with the phone is a weak USB port that can cause your phone not to charge:

Galaxy Nexus USB Not Working - xda-developers

It's relatively easy to fix as noted in the XDA thread, but man was it annoying before I found that.

Besides that, the only things that bother me about this phone is the low speaker volume and the relatively crappy camera.

nb

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys, how is the oem extended battery, does it make a difference ?
Also, when using LTE, does the phone get really hot?

No. The only time it gets kinda hot is when I'm watching a long movie or gaming hard

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

citan

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the replies. Just another question...
Does getting the OEM extended battery make a noticeable difference, is it worth getting ?

nelschroeder

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Aside from a recent downturn in battery use I have no complaints with my GNex. A solid phone that really rips. I'd put it up against just about anything out there. A great phone that you can now get for a really good price. Some local carriers are still selling them with new contracts.

1 gb of ram is still a good amount. The N4 has 2gb but most phones are are still 1gb. Next year 2gb should be more common.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
You will notice a little difference on the oem extended battery and is good for the average user.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci