Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Teaks
  • 1 Post By weaseltraps
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Facebook - Network Error

This new app by Facebook is quick and very sleek, but on my Galaxy Nexus I am now continually getting network connection errors with the app.

I jump to other apps to see if I am having an issue with my WiFi or carrier, but there's no issues anywhere else.

The problem in Facebook seems to occur after looking through photos and albums. This morning I was going through contacts and seeing who didn't have a picture. Then via Facebook I'd find that person and use the "set as" feature.

Just about every second time I did this, the network problem comes up. I've rebooted the phone but the problem finds its way back to me.

Anyone experiencing this? Ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    @PegCityNerd

Default Re: Facebook - Network Error

I am also, I sent an email to the app support via play store. While on 4g or wifi I get network error and the app won't refresh. On 3g it works quite well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Constant network errors on two Galaxy Nexus' that I own. I've found that if I kill the app it will work for a while.
    ----

Galaxy Nexus running 4.2.1
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I've been using the app off and on all day on my tablet, and haven't had an issue. I should turn I off my radio on my Nexus and see if it's more reliable on wifi only.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
    @PegCityNerd

Yes got the error all the time while checking out the latest release of the fb app...the app is much better than before except for the network error!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

After updating my Google Nexus Facebook App to the new Facebook. I keep on getting the Network Error message and I cant be able to use Facebook.

I am getting the error too........

I am getting this on my Nexus 4 but only on the carrier side. Wifi working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ratb3rt View Post
    I am getting this on my Nexus 4 but only on the carrier side. Wifi working fine.
    I get the exact same thing on my Nexus 4, but even when it says network error sometimes you just have to refresh and it goes away. Is anyone else having a problem with the twitter app when sending a tweet saying "tweet can not be sent saved to drafts"?

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall View Post
    Anyone experiencing this? Ideas?
    I'm having the problem too. Facebook has been useless on my Nexus 7. (Wi-Fi)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    ---
    Proud owner of a Moto X, Nexus 7, and Nexus 10.

The solution (crude though it may be) to the Network Error problem is to uninstall/reinstall Facebook.

I've had to do this every few days on my Nexus 7 since their last update. Let's hope FB fixes this, pronto.

The new Facebook app is great on my EVO, the best yet, but is almost completely useless on my Nexus 7. If I restart it will work for a minute, maybe, but there is no way I'm going to keep restarting or uninstalling and reinstalling.
    Thanked by:
    helspawn likes this.

the only thing I suggest and it's what I did. I downgraded to 1.9.12. It's working fine. I was using the new one when it first came out and it worked great. I don't know if there was an update, that ruined it.

Same problem with my Google nexus quite frequently no solution
    :-) :
    Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

It's happening on my Nexus, Nexus 7, Droid Bionic and Lenovo ThinkPad tablet.

I figure it's a matter of time before we get notified by Facebook that for a donation they will fix it. They gotta make up their loss somewhere, right?
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted

Now even the app crashes often.....Facebook really needs to fix this

I may have a solution for my Nexus 7 on JB...

I removed the OS level Facebook account in Settings, cleared the Facebook app data and cache and voila... No more network connection error. I'm curious if any of you get similar results? Maybe the FB server side no likey too many/redundant connections from the same MAC address/ip? Doesn't seem to be an issue on the desktop though with multiple browsers and chat connections.

The account does get recreated but I'm going on 4 hours without any connection errors.

Never mind... Network errors have returned.
    Last edited by weaseltraps; 01-09-2013 at 03:14 AM.
    Thanked by:
    hellomiggy likes this.

After reading ppl who uninstall then reinstall to work for a few days lead me to try clearing out the data cache under androids settings. I did this and worked. For now..

Anyone getting network error on Facebook? Facebook is not refreshing at all. Nexus 4

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I was just facing the same problem, wtf is going on?

I'm having the same issue too. Even after the recent update. I usually just have to tap on the network error and it clears. Still annoying.

Have even reset my phone o.O fix it FB

Same thing here on my samsung Galaxy S3. Network errors until I clear the cache, then it's good for a few hours

i, too, am getting the same error. I use Pantech Vega S, and facebook doesnt seem to work properly since two days ago. I get notifications, but when i open my fb app it says "network error". Are there any solutions for this problem? I just hope that we are not being hacked

I got this and have not installed the last update. Glad I got it though because when I checked the app settings, notifications somehow got turned back on and I did not do that. Sneaky little app!
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2

Seems to be an issue with the facebook app or servers.

been looking around and the same issue is happening with iOS devices too.