Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unlocked Galaxy Nexus Will Not Turn On.

I started experiencing this problem last night. It has worked perfectly for me for 3 months now. No matter what I do, my phone will not turn on. I have tried taking out the battery for a period of time and try to turn it on but, still will not turn on. When I plug it into the charger to charge.. I get the battery charging symbol for about 15 secs and then it turns off and then turns to a completely white battery symbol for about 15 secs.. I have tried numerous tricks and my phone has still not worked for me. Also the day before I was experiencing problems with turn the lock screen on. Could this be a problem?

If anyone, can give me advice to fix this. I would gladly appreciate it. Thanks!
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,062 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Lollipop" 5.0 Stock

Default Re: Unlocked Galaxy Nexus Will Not Turn On.

Could the battery simply be drained? Have you tried leaving the phone plugged into a charger for a couple of hours to let the battery fully charge?
    --Inspector Gadget

Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's what I thought at first. But I left it on to charge for the night and I am still having the same problem.
    Do you know what I can do to fix this? I am thinking about getting a new battery to try to fix the problem.
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,062 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Lollipop" 5.0 Stock

I suppose you could try a new battery. If there is a T-Mobile store near you, you could see if they will let you try a spare battery in your phone to see if it turns on in the store. That way you don't have to buy a battery only to find out it isn't the battery.
    --Inspector Gadget

Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Okay I have found it recently it was not the battery but, was the power lock button. I am constantly having problems with the power button. Does anyone know how to fix this ?