Native encryption causes failure of contacts syncing with my car

debyne

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2013 Hyundai with Bluetooth integration, and everything worked perfectly until my company pushed encryption on my phone. Now, the phone still pairs with my car and I can make calls and stream music just fine, but the download of my contacts/call history fails every time. Has this happened to anyone else? Thoughts on how to fix apart from removing encryption?

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
If the phone is being used for work and they insist on encryption which in turn caused this problem, I would talk to the tech guys at your work about this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

debyne

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
If the phone is being used for work and they insist on encryption which in turn caused this problem, I would talk to the tech guys at your work about this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
Good point...I'll reach out to them and see what they say. I'm not 100% positive that encryption is causing it, but it sure seems like it since the problem arose around the same general time that I encrypted my phone.

Regardless, I'm not sure they can do anything since it seems to be a Nav / Android integration issue. I fear they'll just say tough luck.

Last edited:

momcat1

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata., and a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, My phone was at 4.2.2, could not get contacts or call history to sync not matter what. Read here and others that maybe go back to 4.1.2. I read others experience state that version worked well. Not for me, not my phone, not my car. So now, while I decide whether to let the phone revert back to current version, I'm getting incessant reminders to update. I've already had the car to the tech guru at Hyundai service, he can't help. The next trip there will require me to leave my car and my phone for the whole day, while he conferences with Hyundai Corporate rep. The swervice center is 3 counties away and in another state. Right now I can't afford to do all this, knowing I would have to strip my phone before I could let them have it.
Got an other ideas?

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I hope everyone knows what encrypting your phones means... Google search works well here.
If the phone is encrypted it locks down and scrambles all personal information so it cannot be shared through a third party source such as your car "reading your contacts and call history"
of course bluetooth will still work because that isn't sharing any personal information. If this is important to you... do not encrypt your phone... but if you have very valuable information on the phone... then you encrypt it.
here is a link about encrypting How to Encrypt Your Android Phone and Why You Might Want To

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site