Thinks it's charging when it's not

e2ackbar

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
For the past two days, I've noticed that the battery indicator shows that it's charging when it's not plugged into anything. This is an intermittent bug. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Does it not charge when it is plugged in?

My nexus has a weak USB port that caused it not to charge but still show the charging icon, and later it would look like it was charging when it wasn't. it was annoying, but I fixed it by gently(!) pushing the USB nib up.

Look here for a little more information to what was happening with my Nexus (hope it isn't the same issue with yours:

Galaxy Nexus USB Not Working - xda-developers

nb

jaybyrd0734

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I had this exact problem. Turns out it was somehow software related, had to un-root and re-lock to fix it, then root it all over again.

worked like a charm, but remember to do a backup of your app data.

e2ackbar

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It charges quite well, but I will give the pins a good look. Thanks!

e2ackbar

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I'm locked and unrooted, so hopefully a factory reset isn't in my future.

e2ackbar

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried a factory reset as a last resort. At first it didn't help and Google Support referred me to Samsung. Six hours later, normal battery and charging indications resumed. I don't understand why this worked, but it did.

Caveman419

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem for a couple of months. The only thing that would stop the fake charging status was to power off and pull battery. This happened through many ROMs until about two weeks ago it just stopped. I had been running JellyBelly 11.0 for about 4 days when it stopped. When it started happening, I thought it was the USB port so I switched to using only my Pogo dock to charge and it continued to do it. Not sure what stopped it from happening, but I will take it. Running CM 10.1 currently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair