4.2 Camera Photosphere Bug: Sliding Alignment Dot. First Image Misaligned. Possible Workaround

sumyunguy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the 4.2 Camera was released I have been having a bug with the Photosphere portion. I open the Camera app, select Photosphere, attempt to line up the first shot and the horizon starts to slowly slide down. After I take the first shot the horizon returns to proper location, but the first shot is now completely misaligned with the rest of the shots.

Here is a sample photosphere. You can see the misaligned first shot in the center of the photo.
PANO_20121031_113427.jpg

I grabbed some screenshots of the bug in action.
Screenshot_a.png
Screenshot_b.png

You can see the image to be aligned stays the same, but the blue dot drops off below. If you tilt your phone down and continue the photosphere, it will be offline.

WORKAROUND: While taking these screenshots, I set the phone down flat on the desk with the photosphere "app" still open and no images started. When I picked up the phone to try a new screenshot, the dot was aligned correctly in the center of the image and on the horizon.
Screenshot_2012-12-18-00-02-22.png

After I realized what happened, I restarted my phone and was able to replicate the bug and fix by setting the phone down flat for a few seconds then picking up the phone and the first image of the photosphere was aligned! I hope this workaround works for you as well.

Galaxy Nexus GSM, 4.2.1, Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightly

11vitus11

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem, but your solution didn't work for me. Then I tried to flash new gallery app (camera is included) using TWRP recovery and all problems have gone.
I flashed THIS zip. If you experience the same problem after flash, go to apps --> gallery and force close it. After that it should work permanently.

Vid