Charging and Car Kit Problem

Chewie01

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
My GSM GNEX has just developed a strange set of problems. If I plug in the USB charger the phone does not recognise it and the phone doesn't charge. However if I turn off the phone it sees the charger and charges normally.
To add to the issue I also have the pogo pin car kit and if I connect the phone when it?s turned on it doesn't see the car kit and therefore doesn't charge or pass audio out of the 3.5mm connector, but if I reboot the phone when it?s inside the car kit it work properly until power is disconnected at which point I have to reboot again.
I also have a related problem with the USB connector because if I connect the phone to my PC it doesn't see it at all.

My phone is totally standard ie locked boot loader and running the OTA version of 4.2.1.

This looks to me like another weird issue with 4.2.1 rather than a hardware issue.

My question is how do I go back to 4.1.2?

Any help would be great fully received.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
It's not a 4.2.1 issue so I would not bother with going back. Did this start after installing any apps? What apps are running when this happens that look like they shouldn't be?

Chewie01

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi Pat, Thanks for the reply. The odd thing to me is I had changed nothing from when it was working normally to when it stopped working. I had put it into the car dock and gone to visit a friend, at the end of the journey I switched off the power to the car dock and removed the phone (the same thing I always do). When I went to go home I put the phone into the dock and it didn't work and the phone had been in my pocket the whole time I was there.
Regarding the apps running on the phone, I have Nova with the Tesla plugin, Go SMS pro, TuneIn Pro, Light Flow, SwiftKey Flow Beta, Widgetsoid and the usual Google stuff.

Ian

Chewie01

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I decided to do a factory default 'sigh' but it's working properly again now, 'yay'.
I just think it was sulking because I've been showing too much love for my new Nexus 4. :)

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm leaning towards either Nova or Widgetsoid as the culprit. Can't put my finger on why, but that is my guess. Glad you got it all sorted out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678