New Yahoo Mail app not showing notifications in status bar

LFCfan#AC

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Anybody having the same issue with their GSM Galaxy Nexus? Updated to the most current version of, 2.0.3.15108, tried un-installing and re-installing, clearing data and cache, and I have notifications turned on. Anybody have an ideas?

LFCfan#AC

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah just read some of the reviews, looks like I'll have to wait for an update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

asdfasdfgasdfadfs

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue, although I had the Notification checked within the App setting (using the menu button on top left of the App), Jelly Bean was still blocking it from the notification since I didn't have it checked there. Here is what you need to do. Exit the App, then go to the App info screen (where you are able to Force stop, Clear cache, or uninstall the app, etc..) once there make sure the "Show notification" is checked. That should solve the problem, it did for me.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Oh my lord, don't get me started with yahoo... I quit yahoo because I kept getting spam from myself...... so now I use outlook.com for all my spam stuff and gmail for my main email

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue, although I had the Notification checked within the App setting (using the menu button on top left of the App), Jelly Bean was still blocking it from the notification since I didn't have it checked there. Here is what you need to do. Exit the App, then go to the App info screen (where you are able to Force stop, Clear cache, or uninstall the app, etc..) once there make sure the "Show notification" is checked. That should solve the problem, it did for me.

I have that checked and still no notifications & I am using the newest version updated 4/18/13. Can't believe they can't get this right!