- 1 Posts
Unrooted Galaxy Nexus Haven't Received the 4.2 JB Update
It's been a while now since the release of Jelly Bean 4.2 and all I've received is 4.1.1.
Could anyone please tell me why my GNex haven't got the update?
I already did cleared-out the Google Service Framework and checked for updates through Settings > About Phone via WiFi (and airplane mode on).
I know there are a few forums which suggests flashing the factory-release 4.2 update through recovery mode, but I'm not really familiar with all of these yet.
I just bought this GNex a month ago to replace the outdated blackberry.
Looking forward to y'all expert assistance :)
// DEVICE INFORMATION
Handset: Galaxy Nexus i9250XXLF1 (GSM Maguro)
Build Number: JRO03C.i9250XWLH
Current OS version: 4.1.1 (unrooted)
Country: Indonesia (Southeast Asia)
- 12-29-2012, 06:56 AM #2
Re: Unrooted Galaxy Nexus Haven't Received the 4.2 JB Update
Could be because your GNex are running a Samsung controlled firmware. You can check it by open up Maps > Settings > About - If it says Yakju or Takju under device it's updated by Google, if not it's controlled by Samsung.
There are guides on how to change it, it's not that difficult: http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...oid-4-2-a.html
- 01-04-2013, 09:17 AM #3
- By NexusMang in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 4Last Post: 04-10-2012, 12:40 AM
- By balorok in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 0Last Post: 12-15-2011, 06:33 PM
- By Dreamshotz in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 9Last Post: 12-03-2011, 11:33 PM
- By diesteldorf in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 2Last Post: 11-25-2011, 07:40 PM
- By sdijoseph in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 5Last Post: 11-08-2011, 09:45 PM