Random reboots when updated to 4.2.1 with a rom

CH33FZ

May 25, 2011
Visit site
So I'be never had problems with my phone before; a friend of mine got me to root my phone which I thought was really cool. I went through the process, but I realized I had gotten an update, so he recommended flashing xylon. Ever since then, I get random screen shut offs which require me to pull the battery out. Any advice? I'm getting pretty pissed. :/

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Flashing roms is a dangerous game if you don't know what exactly you are doing. When you flashed xylon, did you first wipe it and wipe the cache and the dalvik cache? I would guess that is your problem.

CH33FZ

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Flashing roms is a dangerous game if you don't know what exactly you are doing. When you flashed xylon, did you first wipe it and wipe the cache and the dalvik cache? I would guess that is your problem.

I wiped my phone and the cache, but not the dalvik cache. I was on skype with my friend and followed his instructions, since he has flashed way more roms than I have.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I wiped my phone and the cache, but not the dalvik cache. I was on skype with my friend and followed his instructions, since he has flashed way more roms than I have.

It may just be that the rom is unstable on your device. It may help to try a stock rom, or another custom rom.

CH33FZ

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Wipe Davlik. There are a host of problems when you don't.

Great news, I just wiped dalvik cache and I rebooted it and it optimized my apps. Now it's working just fine. Haven't seen a random reboot yet. Thanks for everything guys.