Verizon lte 4g Samsung Nexus sch-1515

theGUNSLINGER

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys new to the forums i did alot of searching and researching but just cant figure out a solution. I purchased this phone as a replacement to use in canada on the bell mobility network when i first recieved the phone i went to bell and tested with there sim card and the phone would not connect, so after being dissapointed i went home and downloaded and installed the Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.1 and unlocked and rooted the phone hopping this was my solution after this i headed back to the bell store and tested again still no luck :( I am hopping someone has any ideas for me i really would like to get this phone working
thanks

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon gnex doesn't support the bell cdma frequency to the best of my knowledge. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Bell operates on 850 and 1900 bands for both cdma and hspa.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

theGUNSLINGER

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
thanks i looked up verizon uses 850 and 1900 bands but both use cdma and lte this is were im confused, does the 850 and 800 bands difference mess me up?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes. The band's the carriers use require the phones to be tuned to them. Think about it like an am/fm radio with a tuner knob. Bands outside the range of the radio cannot be picked up.
I hope you have some luck selling the gnex and getting something that will work for you. Now, at least, you know what you're looking for.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums