Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By walt27
  • 1 Post By pontiac005
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5

I'd like to get a new phone but there is not a major difference in any of the new phones compared the the GN. Some are a little bit faster and cameras may be a little better. There's just not a big enough technology jump for me. Guess I'll wait for the Nexus 5. I just hope LG doesn't make it. I had three G2X phones and had problems with all. Maybe Motorola will make the next one. Curious to see what comes out in 2013.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Default Re: Nexus 5

I'm with you. I'm using a Note II now but still love my GalaxyNexus. I probably would have picked up the Nexus4 if it were available with LTE and compatible with Verizon's network, but alas. Unlocked, off contract, and offered directly through the PlayStore for 300$ though, how can you beat that--at least theoretically. Its never ever in stock.

I am also waiting for the next Nexus. Hopefully will have a better speaker.

Jonneh likes this.
    DF3

I'll get the next Nexus if it comes with a much better battery, and has larger internal storage as opposed to the 8/16 gig options. If not, then I'll probably end up going for one of the Galaxy devices, since I'll be flashing roms on it whether it is a Nexus device or not.

Until then, the Galaxy Nexus suits me just fine.

Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

I don't like the internal SD no matter who talks up its benefits or how loudly. I don't care about different files systems or MTP. I want my storage. GoogleMusic is one thing, and I do still have my unlimited data plan on account of my refusal to sign a new contract, but I don't want to stream my whole library all the time. One reason I love my Note II and Samsung for stubbornly holding out.

My next device will be the note3, the current note has amazing battery and amazing power. I love getting updates fast but awesome battery and power> quick updates.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by walt27 View Post
    I'd like to get a new phone but there is not a major difference in any of the new phones compared the the GN. Some are a little bit faster and cameras may be a little better. There's just not a big enough technology jump for me. Guess I'll wait for the Nexus 5. I just hope LG doesn't make it. I had three G2X phones and had problems with all. Maybe Motorola will make the next one. Curious to see what comes out in 2013.

I personally would like to see what the next Samsung Galaxy S 4 has to offer. I wouldn't mind a Nexus phone just cause I have the Nexus 7 but, in my opinion, I prefer the extra storage and would like to use an SD card. I'm still ignorant when it comes to phones and its technical innards and rooting and all that stuff so... I don't mind the simplicity of phones, if any.

I currently have the Samsung Droid Charge and surprisingly its held on this far. Too bad my GPS sucks and the 4G LTE doesn't act 4G LTE more often then it should. Oh... Im sort of scared to upgrade only cause I'll have to jump on two more years of contract. We'll see... For now, I'm trying to learn more about phones, their functions both in and out and how to make better use of my N7. :o

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by walt27 View Post

I understand you had problems with the g2x, but please dont mention the g2x in the same breath as the nexus 4. Thats just plain disrespectful.. I have both the nexus 4, and galaxy nexus, and its quite clear the nexus 4 is way smoother/faster, and a much better built device. The galaxy nexus is still an okay device though, just heavily dated..