Recovery Mode

KlineAJ

Jul 8, 2010
www.KlineAJ.com
Can other people check this out for me?
I tried to boot my Galaxy Nexus into recovery mode and when I do I get a message saying : "No Command." and that's it.
I wanted to wipe my partition cache but it looks like I may have bigger problems. Can someone please help?
Additional info:
Yes, I am on stock and have not doing any hacking or any changes.
Android version 4.2.1

Last edited:

KlineAJ

Jul 8, 2010
www.KlineAJ.com
For those of you who may not know but want to see if you have this issue as well follow these steps.
Power Down your device
Hold volume + and - button then hit the power button.
Using the volume rocker go to Recovery Mode
Hit Power button to select
Then you will be as far as I am when I got stuck with that message.
To get out just pull the battery as long as you aren't doing anything.

sadiqsamm

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
It appears like you've not installed a clockworkmod recovery...or don't have a from manager app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
If you're stock, not rooted and haven't installed a custom recovery, then I don't think you can boot into recovery.

Smarter Android Geeks, please correct me if wrong.

Nb

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
You are in stock recovery. Once you are in the screen you described, press and hold the Power button then press the Volume up (+) key. from there you will see the stock recovery menu; if that is what you are looking for. As a side note, if the volume up button does not work, try the Power and volume down button, as this is what works for me.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,840

terrywc

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Not sure how to post to this thread, so if I am doing the incorrectly, I apologize. I have a Motorola Triumph which I want to root but am uncertain whether I am supposed to install a recovery cwm before rooting so that I can recover the stock root if all elae fails. Any thoughts? Thanks. Clinton Terry

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how to post to this thread, so if I am doing the incorrectly, I apologize. I have a Motorola Triumph which I want to root but am uncertain whether I am supposed to install a recovery cwm before rooting so that I can recover the stock root if all elae fails. Any thoughts? Thanks. Clinton Terry

You would have to root the phone first before you can place CWM on the phone, although the rooting process can do this for you. I would head on over to the Triumph forum, as I am not too familiar with rooting that Motorola phone. They would probably be able to help you a little better than this forum which is for the Galaxy Nexus, good luck.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-triumph-virgin-mobile/

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Use the volume buttons until you have reboot system now highlighted, then press the power button to reboot and get out of recovery.You also said you have an Android 4.1 phone, is this a Galaxy Nexus?

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Im having the same issues on my girlfriends phone. .. i'm using the power button to select reboot system by holding the power button down when highlighting reboot... the phone keeps rebooting into recovery. .. its stock not rooted or anything

Please help

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

B Moon

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Evidently many of the forums and support groups - including Google's own site - do not include ALL of the necessary steps to boot into recovery mode for the Galaxy Nexus running 4.1+
Here they are:
1. With the phone shut off completely, press and hold down both up and down volume buttons at the same time as the power button.
2. When the large android pic appears with 'start' above it, use the volume buttons to scroll through the options and select 'Recovery' using the power key.
3. A small android pic appears lying on its back with its chest open and the red triangle above it with an exclamation point inside. The words 'No Command' appear below it.
4. Now press and hold the power button and press the volume up button once.
5. You should now be in Recovery Mode with a list of options from 'rebooting device' to 'wiping cache partition'.

tandan12

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
re 3/16/17: Recovery Mode

B Moon's suggested steps worked in my Nexus 4 only with minor modification. The key step (his step 4) is to hit volume up once briefly, not to hold the key in for any protracted time. The stock recovery option list then appears. Thanks. However, the black screen continues after I have rebooted it with option: factory reset". Sigh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy