- 4 Posts
HDMI output mirroring in Portrait mode
I have an app that works fine in both Landscape and Portrait mode, but it demos best in Portrait mode. I'd like to show this app on a phone with HDMI output (either from MHL, Slimport, or micro-hdmi) and screen mirroring to an external display.
Presently, I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. However, as has been pointed out by many, this phone forces the orientation to Landscape when an HDMI display is attached through the MHL adapter (see Set up portrait video output from Galaxy Nexus, HDMI/MHL possible in portrait mode?, HDMI output, Portrait mode?)
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can do HDMI Output with mirroring and keep my phone in portrait mode?
- 01-25-2013, 02:23 PM #2
- 7 Posts
Re: HDMI output mirroring in Portrait mode
I have the adapter from Monoprice (For only $8.84 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Micro USB to HDMI® MHL Adapter - Black | MHL Adapters) and a Samsung Nexus phone, but I can currently only get this to display in landscape mode, so I am looking for the same thing you are and the ability to display in portrait mode.
- By vrtualchik in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inchReplies: 13Last Post: 08-28-2011, 06:29 PM
- By Slapnpop826 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 04-01-2011, 10:35 AM
- By dmsachs in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 3Last Post: 01-07-2011, 06:26 PM
- By Philipw2 in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2010, 09:03 PM
- By owensch1 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 1Last Post: 09-16-2010, 11:09 AM