Looking for a little advice

sconrad308

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
OK, so I'm thinking about getting a new in box Galaxy Nexus but for about $150 more I could get the Nexus 4. I'm leaning towards the Galaxy Nexus, partly because I really like the look and the fact that I could get either a bigger battery or multiple batteries to always keep it charged up. I'm also thinking that by saving the extra money then when the next Nexus phone comes out later this year, I could buy it if I feel the need. With the Nexus 4 selling for more than it retails for on Google that seems like a bad investment to me.

How much longer with the GNex get updates? Will it get 5.0?

Any thing else I should consider?

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I own both & if you can get a NIB GNex for a good price, go for it. What's the price?
I'm fairly confident it'll get KLP though if not officially it'll definitely be available through a ROM soon after.

The only advantages IMO to the N4 over the GNex is the camera & quad-core. While quad-core is definitely a big improvement, not sure if it's worth the 150$ difference you're talking about.

So I'd say go with the GSM GNex...or if you can get it on the cheap, get an S3.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

sconrad308

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I own both & if you can get a NIB GNex for a good price, go for it. What's the price?

The price is $300. The cheapest I've really found right now for the N4 is $450 or so. I know it is in short supply but for $100 or more than retail seems wrong to me. If I was just that desperate for a N4 I would just wait until they come back in stock on the play store rather than overspend.

I thought about the S3 but I can't find one for hardly less than $400 unless it is majorly used.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I am definitely interested in the N5, but not too interested in upgrading to the N4. If you are looking for something with a better camera and you need the speed, I would go for the N4.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

sconrad308

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I don't figure that I will need the quad core or better GPU at this point. I don't usually play many games and the ones I do are usually just little time killers and not things like need for speed or anything major like that.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The difference is about 1 second between the n4 and the galaxy nexus. It's not a big enough reason to upgrade from a nexus to a n4. And from what you've mentioned it seems a galaxy nexus will suit you better than a n4. With the ability to change batteries and all. I'm not sure when google will stop updating the nexus but I'm sure it will be long enough before you consider getting another phone anyways so you don't need to worry about it. I hope that helps.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I would go GNex at this point. I got mine for dirt cheap (Swappa, nearly brand new) and haven't regretted it. Also, the ability to change batteries is big for me. I carry a couple of spare ones because I need the juice all day. No time for charging for me.

sconrad308

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I looked at Swappa too, just looked again and they don't have any right now. No big deal though. Unless something changes in the next few days, I'll be back probably looking for help with it. I'm excited to be coming back to Android for my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress