Is the Gnex a good upgrad now?

comk4ver

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree wait for the galaxy 4. I got the galaxy nexus last year in March used and just love it but I realized that the battery life and radios have come along way. A galaxy 4 will be a great improvement!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
If you're on Sprint, your area has WiMax 4G but it doesn't have 4G LTE - and you are on a WiMax capable device (the Nexus S 4G) - I would stay put until Sprint makes LTE available in your area. Sprint's 3G is insufferable, especially if you are used to their WiMax 4G speeds.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not American, but from what I've heard I wouldn't get a Sprint GNex if I were you.

Emitted from my Nexus Prime

What u mean if anything if the sprint Gnex is the Best CDMA Gnex there is. We have 32gb of storage and currently is on 4.2.1. These are my Chicago speeds

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361050245612.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361050245612.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 29

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
What u mean if anything if the sprint Gnex is the Best CDMA Gnex there is. We have 32gb of storage and currently is on 4.2.1. These are my Chicago speeds

That doesn't make it the best CDMA GN...Those are LTE speeds. You may be the only one in the country getting them on Sprint. :)

As long as you don't travel, its an excellent phone at 32GB. If I was in a Sprint LTE area I would pay $99 for it.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't make it the best CDMA GN...Those are LTE speeds. You may be the only one in the country getting them on Sprint. :)

As long as you don't travel, its an excellent phone at 32GB. If I was in a Sprint LTE area I would pay $99 for it.

The fact that we are getting updates still makes it the best CDMA Gnex lol. Plus look at s4gru.com and u will c the same speeds plus I'm in post nv Chicago so these speeds are customary now.

nelschroeder

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
the Galaxy Nexus us a fine phone. I've had the Nexus S and now the Gnex. If the Nexus line is where you want to stay then then why not. Besides, at least on Verizon, it's LTE capable which the Nexus 4 isn't.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely get it if you want the cheapest option that's dramatically better than your current phone.

Get a SGS3 if you want an upgrade from the GNex.

Wait for the HTC One if you want a pimp phone.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
The fact that we are getting updates still makes it the best CDMA Gnex lol. Plus look at s4gru.com and u will c the same speeds plus I'm in post nv Chicago so these speeds are customary now.

I see Sprint just quietly went live a couple days ago with LTE in San Fran and NY City as well.:cool:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
See I told u chex Lol. If u are on sprint and waiting for nv WAIT haha. Its gonna be worth it.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2