**Emergency** Sticky situation

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Purity Rom to try it out, backed everything up normally, booted into recovery, wiped the big 3, then flashed the rom. Upon booting up I received numerous force closes immediately, and couldn't even get to setting up the phone. I then rebooted back into recovery to revert back to my old rom, but everything on my phone was gone as if I just bought it at the store. Every single file in all of my folders were empty, like the virtual sd card wiped itself out of nowhere. Panicking, I tried to connect it to the pc, but of course that didn't work. I have been experienced with rooting/rom'ing for quite some time, but I have no idea how to explain or fix this. I can't connect it to a computer, and I have no files on the phone to help me. Could somebody, please, give me a hand.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Not my last rom, but I do have rom backups on my computer. I don't see how it's going to help regardless, because my comp doesn't recognize the phone to be able to transfer anything over.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Not my last rom, but I do have rom backups on my computer. I don't see how it's going to help regardless, because my comp doesn't recognize the phone to be able to transfer anything over.
then the problem is with current rom which dont recognize your PC. go to settings of storage and see if there is an option.

anon(71576)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
What recovery are you using? I know in clockwork there's an option to mount USB storage. You should then be able to connect to the computer and transfer an old nandroid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you read my original post correctly. I am perfectly aware that the ROM is the problem. My problem is that I can't flash another one because I don't have access to any. My phone cannot boot up (I get repeated android system crashes).

anon(71576)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Pardon me if I misread.
If you have no recovery or your recovery doesn't have this option, you can flash one using fastboot ADB. There's quite a few tutorials on here or XDA on how to do this. If you need help, PM me and I can try and walk you through it.
When you can boot into recovery, see if there's a menu option to mount /sdcard (in clockwork it's under the "mounts & storage" menu). I'm not sure if TWRP has that option or not. With that selected, you should be able to plug it into your computer and transfer another rom to flash or a backup nandroid you said you have saved on your machine.
Something similar happened to me before and these are the steps I took to fix it. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke