Yet another battery thread

CanOfBees

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,
I've been hit with what I'd like to believe is a bad battery, but I'm not completely sure.

If I leave my phone plugged in overnight, I'll have ~45-50% charged by morning. At this point, if I turn off the phone and remove the battery for about a minute, I will get a reading of ~85-90% charged after reseating the battery and booting the phone. Unfortunately, the higher charge reading doesn't seem to have any bearing on the battery's ability to power the device. After a couple of hours (with only a bit of use), the charge reading will drop down to ~25% or lower.

So... a bad battery? Maybe. Even though I haven't had the opportunity to use NFC, I think I'd like to keep that as an option.
Also, I don't know if I want to get a whopping huge extended battery (Eleventy-MILLION-maH!!). I'm not finding much on Amazon or ebay - am I just missing the right search terms, or is there a better place to look?

Thanks!
Screenshots:

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Bent usb connector maybe not charging properly. There are a few threads where someone has posted a fix.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

CanOfBees

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
@pontianc005 - thanks for the reply! Don't know if that's the exact cause - it happens with a variety of cables, but I'll take a look around for those threads.

CanOfBees

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
So, I contacted Samsung support & was told to 1) factory reset the GNex, and then, after a few hours of attempted charging & no noticeable difference in battery behavior, 2) contact Google support, as Samsung thinks it's a software problem.

My take-away: I'm hosed. :) Oh well. The phone still works and now I have three batteries. I'll just have to remember to always carry a spare.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
The reset could very well solve it. A lot of weird things happen with new software and it can usually be solved after reset.

CanOfBees

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping for that, but an overnight charging session has left me with 61% battery.

I'm tempted to try flashing back to 4.1.2 to see if that improves the situation, and to rule out a software issue, but I don't know if it's worth the trouble.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary