Keep my Galaxy s3 or......

JAStark27

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I am actually thinking of trading my Galaxy S3 for a Galaxy Nexus. I need a little advice. Figured I would ask this forum to either stay away from the Galaxy Nexus or do the trade. It's not a straight trade the guy is throwing in a little cash but just curious what others think.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I am actually thinking of trading my Galaxy S3 for a Galaxy Nexus. I need a little advice. Figured I would ask this forum to either stay away from the Galaxy Nexus or do the trade. It's not a straight trade the guy is throwing in a little cash but just curious what others think.

I would stay with the S3. Unless you really LOVE the pure android experience etc. other than that stick with s3. or unless you really need that cash.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Keep the S3, better camera and battery life. Stock android is good and fast updates are awesome when they don't break existing features. When I updated to 4.2.1 my battery life was slaughtered and it broke WiFi tethering for me as well. Others reported not being able to turn on Bluetooth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Exactly get a nexus 4 or keep the s3.....galaxy nexus has awfully pathetic battery life...

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Wha? He would definitely be downgrading, but this is not my experience with the Gnex. Is yours rooted or something?

Why do you say that? The N4 matches the S3 and even beats it in some areas, the only way it is inferior to the S3 is in terms of features.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I was referring to the galaxy nexus for the pathetic battery life not the nexus 4

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I was referring to the galaxy nexus for the pathetic battery life not the nexus 4

"Pathetic battery life" really only applies to the CMDA/LTE Galaxy Nexus, because the stock battery really isn't sufficient enough for the LTE radio. GSM models do notably better, even having a slightly smaller battery. On my GSM Galaxy Nexus, I usually get through a whole day and then some (with medium usage) on the stock battery.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
"Pathetic battery life" really only applies to the CMDA/LTE Galaxy Nexus, because the stock battery really isn't sufficient enough for the LTE radio. GSM models do notably better, even having a slightly smaller battery. On my GSM Galaxy Nexus, I usually get through a whole day and then some (with medium usage) on the stock battery.

I agree. GSM is pretty good especially using Green Power premium to customize location based wifi, traffic usage and how often you want the phone to sync. I myself can easily get through a whole day with medium to heavy usage on a stock battery.

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I'll take 32gb and lte lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

I really do wish the GSM model came in a 32GB version because I would have bought it in a heartbeat. LTE I can really care less about. My 6-8 Mbps down on a PHONE is more than sufficient for me for the time being, and it's a far cry from what I used to deal with (pokey 0.2 Mbps EVDO 3G on Sprint).

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree. GSM is pretty good especially using Green Power premium to customize location based wifi, traffic usage and how often you want the phone to sync. I myself can easily get through a whole day with medium to heavy usage on a stock battery.

Mind sharing the settings you use in green power?

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I have day mode on from 5am to 4 pm with the screen brightness on 65%. Use location based wifi only, sync accounts every 10 min.

Night mode from 4pm to 5am with screen brightness at 45%.

There are a couple other tweaks in the traffic, and blue tooth and apps settings as well.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I really do wish the GSM model came in a 32GB version because I would have bought it in a heartbeat. LTE I can really care less about. My 6-8 Mbps down on a PHONE is more than sufficient for me for the time being, and it's a far cry from what I used to deal with (pokey 0.2 Mbps EVDO 3G on Sprint).

Well I'll take these unlimited speeds any day

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360446846072.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360446846072.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 19

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781