ADB Driver - This device cannot start. (Code 10) -> driving me insane !

Status
Not open for further replies.

benwake

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I really hope someone here can help me, because this driver installation issue is really driving me crazy for more than a week now.

For the rooting, I need the ADB Interface driver, I can install them but the device manager gives me a "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error.

These are the things I did:
- Drivers from google
- Drivers from samsung
- Drivers from sites, forums and blogs
- Drivers from the Nexus root toolkit

Even rebooting, completely uninstalling, deleting the driver didn't work.
A fresh install of my backup laptop didn't work even !

Please, if someone has an idea or had the same issue, share your knowledge, because I am getting really desperate now.

Thanks in advance.

Benwake

littlebigman

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I'm having the same issue on XPSP3, although the phone...
1. used to work fine and be available in "My Computer" when connecting through USB
2. works fine when using My Phone Explorer to sync Outlook with the phone

I'm not sure, but it could be the latest upgrade to 4.2.1 that killed it: Until a few weeks ago, the phone had not problem being displayed in "My Computer" as an external drive, but now, I have to hook it up to a spare Windows7 host to read off pictures from the phone.

Does someone know what I could try to fix this?

Thank you.

eKeith

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Try a few different USB cables.

From previous experience (replacing micro-USB receptacle on my ThinkPad tablet) I believe pin 4 of either the cable or micro-USB receptacle is not connecting. Note that not all cables use pin 4.

Uninstall existing drivers first.

I hope this helps...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

fugee ohu

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
WTF does usb cable have to do with installation of a windows driver My view you people don't know anything about what you're talking about

LucyVanderbuilt

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Awesome contribution to the conversation, fugee. :-/

In actuality, the USB cable has a LOT to do with this issue. As stated above, a lot of USB cables (especially older cables... but even brand new cables if they're cheap enough) don't have some of the proper pins wired up... because they're made for charging only and don't handle any data transfer. Thus, the loading of the drivers isn't the problem (no one said it was, but you)... it's the fact that, when using a cable without the needed pins connected, the device can't handleshake with or communicate with the computer.

Keep using different cables. Chances are you'll find one that works.

Zhuinden

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I just wanted to jump in to say that I was using the Lenovo charger cable and it didn't work, but then I used the Samsung mini-USB cable I had for my Samsung work tablet and the drivers installed properly.

Apparently the cables really do matter.

Hassan Faghihi

Sep 8, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I really hope someone here can help me, because this driver installation issue is really driving me crazy for more than a week now.

For the rooting, I need the ADB Interface driver, I can install them but the device manager gives me a "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error.

These are the things I did:
- Drivers from google
- Drivers from samsung
- Drivers from sites, forums and blogs
- Drivers from the Nexus root toolkit

Even rebooting, completely uninstalling, deleting the driver didn't work.
A fresh install of my backup laptop didn't work even !

Please, if someone has an idea or had the same issue, share your knowledge, because I am getting really desperate now.

Thanks in advance.

Benwake

There was "S1 Service" driver, i remove the driver i add, and update the S1 driver using file pick method... it worked... i think since S1 is started you cant start another

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
YOU GUYS ARE SAYING RUBBISH. HE SAID CODE 10, AND YOUR TALKING ABOUT EXTERNAL HARDWARE (USB). YOU ALL NEED TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A DRIVER PROBLEM AND A HARDWARE PROBLEM.
PSSHHH.....

AND HE SAID ADB NOT ANDROID DEVICE
MAKE RESEARCH BEFORE YOU GIVE PEOPLE HIGH HOPES..
Stop yelling.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
YOU GUYS ARE SAYING RUBBISH. HE SAID CODE 10, AND YOUR TALKING ABOUT EXTERNAL HARDWARE (USB). YOU ALL NEED TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A DRIVER PROBLEM AND A HARDWARE PROBLEM.
PSSHHH.....

Welcome to AC!
You do know this a "2013" thread , right?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
PSSHHH.....

OKAY. And WELCOME TO ANDROID CENTRAL.

Reactions: J Dubbs
Status
Not open for further replies.