Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ben Taratoot
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Ridiculous number of low battery warnings

I have the Verizon version of the Galaxy Nexus with the stock battery. It's been working really well for about a year. It used to be that it would give you one warning to connect your charger when the battery reached 15% and another when it reached 4% like normal (the numbers may be a bit off but you get the idea). Now at 15% it warns at least 1-2 times per second until I plug in the charger or the phone dies. Not only it is annoying but being that the screen turns on every time you get the warning it runs the remaining battery down very quickly.

I'm also noticing that the phone is turning its screen on by itself. I can't say if that problem is related or not.

I've tried everything I can think of including rebooting gracefully, pulling the battery, letting it completely discharge and then recharging it, booting into safe mode (suggestion from a forum), resetting to factory defaults, and I even did the manual update to 4.2.2.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Ridiculous number of low battery warnings

The battery may actually be failing. Running it completely down only makes it worse as lithium batteries do not like to be completely discharged. That's why Android tries not to let them and shuts down. As to the screen turning itself on, that may or not be related to your problem. Have you installed ant free apps lately? Reboot and check to see what is running that you are not expecting. A misbehaving app could be prematurely draining your battery. Periodically turning your screen on could be an attempt to hide the fact that it is the app draining the battery and not the screen by itself.
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the tips. I ordered a new battery. Whatever the outcome of this, I wouldn't mind having the extended life battery. I also tried rebooting and checking the running tasks. I don't have anything running that is unexpected. I haven't installed anything new recently. I suppose a recent update to an existing app could have introduced a bug. If the new battery doesn't help then I suppose I'll have to try uninstalling apps one by one. Hopefully it won't come to that.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

OK my new battery arrived last week. It's only been a few days but so far it seems to have fixed the problems I was having. Woohoo!
    patruns and pontiac005 like this.