VZW folks - Sticking with the GNEX? or Whats your next device?

jimmyt

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
What are your plans with the GNEX? I am on VZW running AKOP JB mr 1 Milestone 5 and for the most part its decent and works well. I am unsure what I want to do with the new crop of phones coming out. Ideally, a nexus 4 on verizon would be great, but thats unlikley The S4 and htc one (if it comes to vzw) look nice, but I am not sure what I want to do. What about you?

Last edited:

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
What are your plans with the GNEX? I am on VZW running AKOP JB Milestone 5 and for the most part its decent and works well. I am unsure what I want to do with the new crop of phones coming out. Ideally, a nexus 4 on verizon would be great. The S4 and htc one look nice, but I am not sure what I want to do. What about you?

Nexus 4 is only on AT&T and T-Mobile. The HTC One is NOT coming to Verizon. AT&T will probably carry it though. Verizon, AT&T and Sprint will carry the S4.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Depending on what happens with Motorola, I don't see Verizon getting anything like a Nexus. I am gonna hold onto mine. When contract is up I will probably leave.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The HTC One is nice, but apparently not coming to VZW :(

Galaxy Note 3 is my choice unless another Nexus device comes to VZW or the putative Motorola X.

darktoy

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Ha ... I'm barely getting a Galaxy Nexus this week so I'll be sticking with it for a while. My current phone is a Razr Maxx but even with the newest lightly skinned JB update I feel like I'm always trying to to get the Razr to be as close to a stock pure Google phone as possible. Might as well use a Nexus. Coming from a Razr Maxx I know I'm gonna have to adjust to the smaller and highly complained about battery life of the GNEX.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Coming from a Razr Maxx I know I'm gonna have to adjust to the smaller and highly complained about battery life of the GNEX.
Welcome to the club! If you register your device on Samsung.com you get a coupon for 50% off mobile accessories. You can get the extended battery and battery cover for $25 and if you order 2, you get free shipping. You might be able to find them cheaper on Amazon, though. The OEM batteries for the GNex have the NFC chip in them so if you are going to buy one of the non-OEM batteries, they might not have the NFC chip on them.

Also, GNex accessories are on clearance at Verizon online as well as in the stores. No batteries left online but you might find them in a store.

I have a charging cradle I got off of Amazon that I use so that I always have a fully charged battery on hand. If you are going to switch batteries frequently like I do, I recommend picking up extra battery covers because I broke mine from all the battery switching I do. The standard battery cover is $5 at VZW online and the extended battery comes with an extended battery cover.

Also, if you do battery switching, you have to constantly take your case on and off so keep that in mind when picking a case. I broke my Seidio case taking it on and off. Not all of the cases fit with the extended battery in, so keep that in mind, too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084