Disconnecting SIM card

shubhashish

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I am facing a very peculiar problem with my Galaxy Nexus. The phone is heating up every 15 minutes and this is causing it to disconnect the SIM card. I have to restart the phone to make the SIM card work again. I tried putting it on Airplane mode and back to make the SIM card detectable again. But with this, the data connections do not work. I have no other option but to restart the phone. Can someone please help me what to do?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
More info please. Has it always been like this? Is this after a recent update? A recent app install? Is the SIM damaged? Since you are in the Google Galaxy Nexus forum I assume that is what you have. What version of Android?

shubhashish

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

It started a week back. I think I am able to pin point what the issue is. I bought a SIEDO extended battery a few months ago. Have used it sparingly. Now whenever I put the SIEDO battery to run the phone for longer this problem is occurring. I checked and I rechecked. When used with the original supplied battery of the phone it doesn't heat up or disconnect the SIM. It is only when I used the SIEDO extended battery that the phone heats up every 10 minutes and cuts off SIM card. I have Android 4.2.2 on my Galaxy Nexus.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, I guess you have your answer. Using non OEM batteries can cause all sorts of issues, especially overheating.

shubhashish

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
But I have been using the non OEM battery since November. Never faced this issue before. This is sudden. Anyway to correct it apart from not using this battery? :D

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
But I have been using the non OEM battery since November. Never faced this issue before. This is sudden. Anyway to correct it apart from not using this battery? :D

Clearly it is the battery. I suggest you stop using it before you permanently damage the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol