I unrooted my nexus

walt27

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I was never getting great performance with any rom. All would eat up my ram. I know Linux is supposed to control this but all the roms I tried never did a good job. Unrooted my nexus and performance is definitely better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

walt27

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Cyanogen mod, CNA, xenon hd. Really only had a problem with 4.2.2. They all lagged at times and games would shutdown. Not to mention all the memory that was used I was down to about 2 gb.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

sanman202

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, there is no reason to root a pure Google device. I'm not sure why people do this. Since Jellybean the phone manages battery and memory very well. I had the Weather Channel app causing battery drain when JB was first put on the phone but since then the Weather Channel app has been fixed. I also noticed if you charge the phone at some point during the day for like a half hour or so the battery seems to drain even slower. Very odd but it seems to be true. I can only imagine how good battery life will be with the next Nexus and Key Lime Pie. Bigger batteries will also be in those phones.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, there is no reason to root a pure Google device. I'm not sure why people do this.
I think a better statement would be: "Why do people who do not need a rooted phone and/or don't know what it is do this?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret