Google Now package card no longer shows

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Google Now stopped showing tracking cards for packages. It worked right after the update, but now it has stopped. I have a email with a tracking number from Amazon, but after refreshing, clearing cache, I even logged off my account, resigned in, the package card will not show, other cards (sports, weather, transit cards still show).
I then uninstalled the latest update, after rolling back, my Amazon card immediately showed up. I then reinstalled the update, and the package card is gone again.

Anyone know of a fix or have heard issues with cards not showing for the newest version of Google Now, I think a link is broken in the new version of Google Now and gmail.
If anyone has a fix or an idea on how to resolve it without going back to the older version, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
First, is the email with the tracking number in Gmail? That's the only email that gNow uses.

Assuming the answer is yes, check this. On the main gNow screen, tap the menu button, then tap on the top row, where it says "Google Now." NOT on the on-off toggle, but on the left side of the screen. Make sure Gmail cards is turned on, then tap on that row and make sure Packages is checked.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
First, is the email with the tracking number in Gmail? That's the only email that gNow uses.

Assuming the answer is yes, check this. On the main gNow screen, tap the menu button, then tap on the top row, where it says "Google Now." NOT on the on-off toggle, but on the left side of the screen. Make sure Gmail cards is turned on, then tap on that row and make sure Packages is checked.

I never had an issue with it until recently. On the new version of Google Now, I get no notifications if it pertains to gmail (packages, flights). I just tested it again, and as soon as I roll back to the old version, Google Now works fine and I have a Amazon tracking email, and this shows up, but as soon as I update to the current version, the card is gone.. All my Google Npw settings are correct.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
The last update has a few surprises. That is just one of them. Also, you can no longer get sports updates ONLY either after, during or before a game. Now you get them all because the option disappeared..... and many times they come back after you have swiped them away.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
The last update has a few surprises. That is just one of them. Also, you can no longer get sports updates ONLY either after, during or before a game. Now you get them all because the option disappeared..... and many times they come back after you have swiped them away.

Thanks, I may roll back until another fix is pushed.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I updated last night. Package card showed up fine, but the sports cards still will not allow you to select "only after game". I am just going to stop using the sports cards until they resolve this. I don't want to remain several versions back just for this.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I ended up doing a factory reset on my Gnex, it needed to be done for cleanup anyway. Now, my phone is faster, Google Now shows me more cards, but no packages. I have a flight soon that is in my gmail account will see if that comes up.
BTW, I love Titanium Backup Pro. I backed up some of my apps (no system apps), and it restored them without a hitch.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Update:
My cards are now working, all of a sudden they starting showing up. I had a flight last week and the status card showed up few days before the flight, and when I landed it immediately showed the arrival times and gate.
Also, I ordered something from Amazon recently, and the card showed up. Not complaining, glad it is working.

Rookie4sho

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
So you're saying a factory reset got your tracking and other cards working again WITH the latest updated Google Now? I'm on 4.3 and am having these same problems. Could it be some kind of cached data of some sort causing the problem since yours started working again after a reset and having the latest update? Is there something I can simply delete instead of a factory reset?

Also I've noticed I can't search apps installed on the phone anymore which I used to use more than anything, does yours still work doing that from the search bar?

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
So you're saying a factory reset got your tracking and other cards working again WITH the latest updated Google Now? I'm on 4.3 and am having these same problems. Could it be some kind of cached data of some sort causing the problem since yours started working again after a reset and having the latest update? Is there something I can simply delete instead of a factory reset?

Also I've noticed I can't search apps installed on the phone anymore which I used to use more than anything, does yours still work doing that from the search bar?

I don't know if clearing cache alone will work, as prior to the factory reset I did, it didn't work. Also as a heads up, Google Now didn't start working until a week after the reset, so I am not sure if the factory reset really fixed it. All of sudden it just started working, and it is working for all searches, and I am getting all cards across the board, so I am not sure what exactly fixed it.
One thing, I manually updated rather than the traditional OTA, but I am not sure if this means anything.

josephz2va

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Its never worked. Even a USPS code doesn't work. however on Google Play you can search for all three carriers. Find FedEx, UPS and USPS, add your accounts and your tracking numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2