- 159 Posts
got a galaxy nexus, running custom rom 4.2.2 (xenonhd). Yesterday I decided to encrypt my phone. a coworker also encrypted his but we figured out that you can use rom manager to make nano backup or even load any new rom.
how do I go about decrypting this puppy? I know I will probably lose all my stuff but i don't care as most of it is on google and dropbox.
I have the mysid-jdq39 factory image downloaded.
- 05-17-2013, 08:01 AM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: decrypt phone
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm in the same boat. I have a rooted Galaxy S3 running CM10 that I decided to use the encryption feature on and now I'm powerless to do anything on it. There is no option to decrypt it, and I've tried doing several different flavors of factory resets. The "factory reset" option built into Android causes the device to immediately reboot and fail the reset due to being unable to mount the encrypted partition. Same thing happens with Clockwork. It fails to mount the /data partition and won't reset the data within it. I purchased Odin Mobile, but can't find any options to do any resets in it. Any thoughts?
- 05-17-2013, 08:24 PM #3
- 05-17-2013, 08:26 PM #4
Re: decrypt phone
For the GS3 it is a little more complicated...
You MUST run the decrypt process in settings and then backup and factory reset.
And then you can restore all settings.
This works with the galaxy s3
Also remove all your accounts before doing this gents.
- 02-06-2014, 02:32 PM #5
- By andrewharder in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 10-11-2013, 07:42 PM
- By Ricky Babalu in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 09-27-2012, 12:18 AM
- By notjacinth in forum T-Mobile G1Replies: 2Last Post: 10-24-2010, 11:30 PM
- By kardin in forum HTC G1/Dream Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 07-23-2010, 03:18 PM
- By alex5252 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 10-21-2009, 09:24 PM