Future updates?

Blocks9

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I currently own a Nokia Lumia 920, but am losing faith in the OS - due to lack of new apps. I am thinking of returning to Android, and want to know if I can still consider the Galaxy Nexus as a good device? (given that it's nearly 2 years old).

Also, what is the general feeling regarding future updates? especially regarding the 5.0 release (whenever that lands)... Will the G-Nex likely receive said update?

Any help/suggestions would help.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I dont think it will get the next update. due to the fact that the GN isnt that great when it comes to R/W. It severely slows the phone down when multiple things are running and try to Read or Write memory.
BUT... This is a solid phone with an amazing Rooting community to back it. I can guarantee they will compile the 5.0 ROM and release it for the phone with there optimizations to help with the R/W. The phone will always have followers.

I just bought mine a month ago and have been having fun changing ROMs on a whim. Its a very good phone for ($150-$200)
But it will not be a big performer compared to the HTC one or GS4.

sconrad308

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I think it will get the 4.3 update. But like someone said, the development community for it is amazing.

I just came from Focus Flash, I really enjoyed the phone but it crapped out and needed a new phone. I decided to try Google again, I've now had every phone OS and by far android with Jelly Bean is my favorite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair