- 17 Posts
"An error occured while flashing your recovery." (ClockworkMod)
My ClockworkMod Recovery was out of date according to ROM Manager (Premium) but when I went to update it I got this error message. I'm currently running AOKP but would like to flash Paranoid Android. I understand that when flashing a new ROM you should make sure your recovery is up to date. 1) How important is that really? And 2) What is the best/easiest way to update or replace my recovery?
For background: I unlocked and rooted my GSM Galaxy Nexus with WugFresh's Nexus ToolKit which installs Team Win Recovery Project. ROM Manager gives you the option to flash to an alternate recovery but even after selecting TWRP, booting to recovery brings me to ClockworkMod Recovery.
A possible solution I've been mulling over would be using the Nexus ToolKit to flash back to stock while retaining unlock+root (I believe this is an option). I can then reinstall either TWRP or ClockwordMod Recovery and flash a new ROM from there. My only concern there is that Windows constantly wants to install its own drivers for my phone no matter how I try to disable automatically downloading device drivers. When I first used the Nexus ToolKit, I had to use my work computer at my old job to get around this.
If all this seems like a roundabout way of doing it, it is because it my understanding that the only other way to flash a custom recovery would be through adb manually. I have never done this before and it seems daunting. On top of that, I think I would run into the same problem with Windows automatically installing drivers for the phone. 1) Am I wrong about adb being the only other way? And 2) Are the drivers actually a big deal?
Thanks in advance
- 06-04-2013, 05:16 PM #2
- 801 Posts
Re: "An error occured while flashing your recovery." (ClockworkMod)
2) I think the best way is using the ROM manager Premium. You can download and install from the application.
1)Yes you are wrong about ADB. Its the best thing for Rooting (toolkits ruined it) people began to root and not know what they were doing because of the toolkit
2) and Drivers are the most important things... If you dont have the right drivers.. the computer cannot talk to the phone.
you can always download the recovery straight from CWM and put it in the folder with Fastboot. then search > CMD, open > type the directory where fastboot and Recovery.img are located (example: cd C:\android\platform-tools ) then type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
and boom... your all done. you just installed the new recovery that easy. Same goes for anything. you can flash boot.img, or ROM.zip, or recovery.img. You can also push or pull information off the phone with ADB. you just need to look up the commandsSamsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
- By elindquist1 in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 07-07-2011, 03:24 PM
- By sbpd153 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 03-02-2011, 11:45 AM
- By freeride in forum Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 02-05-2011, 06:17 PM
- By cb2367 in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 11Last Post: 12-17-2010, 12:23 PM
- By bluger in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 22Last Post: 07-13-2010, 09:40 PM