Oh, help -- dead(?) battery

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
GNex on T-Mobile

Yesterday I noticed an electrical/burning smell while charging my phone's battery from my computer's usb port. I noticed largely because the phone had turned itself off.

Naturally I disconnected, not knowing if the charging cable or the battery was the problem.

At home I plugged into the charger that came with the phone. Same phone turning itself off, same smell.

This morning it seems that the battery has no charge.

So, do I get a new battery or just get the Nexus 4 that is on sale at T-Mobile?

I had planned on waiting for the next Nexus to come out. If I can find an inexpensive battery, I can continue with that plan. But if the battery is expensive, not worth it, no?

I bought my GNex from Google. I can't find any information on Google about replacement batteries. Any suggestions? I'm looking for something that I can get very quickly and that won't cost a lot.

Thank you.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
GNex on T-Mobile

Yesterday I noticed an electrical/burning smell while charging my phone's battery from my computer's usb port. I noticed largely because the phone had turned itself off.

Naturally I disconnected, not knowing if the charging cable or the battery was the problem.

At home I plugged into the charger that came with the phone. Same phone turning itself off, same smell.

This morning it seems that the battery has no charge.

So, do I get a new battery or just get the Nexus 4 that is on sale at T-Mobile?

I had planned on waiting for the next Nexus to come out. If I can find an inexpensive battery, I can continue with that plan. But if the battery is expensive, not worth it, no?

I bought my GNex from Google. I can't find any information on Google about replacement batteries. Any suggestions? I'm looking for something that I can get very quickly and that won't cost a lot.

Thank you.

Check Amazon. I've gotten stock batteries from there several times, you can upgrade shipping if you need it fast. Just search for Galaxy Nexus stock battery. Although, if you smelled electrical anything burning, it's probably a good idea to get the N4.

Definitely don't plug it into your computer or leave it unattended.

Sent via Note II

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
A new nexus device might be around the corner given that we are already on July (one more month till my birthday!).

If you can hold out till 3 to 4 months (normally around the time they are announced and released). Then again though the shipping and availability had been a burden. ;-)

I'd buy a new battery before taking the shot at a new device commitment money wise.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Get a new battery and hold off until you get the device that you really want. If you are going to shell out the bucks, Try to wait and then get the latest and greatest

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon