Next-word suggestions can't be disabled

AMKhatri

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
HI,
I flashed this JB 4.2.2 stock build [ROM] [OTA][GSM] Android 4.2.2 JDQ39: Rooted | Galaxy Nexus > XDA for my Galaxy Nexus

Now... I've got a serious problem... I can't disable Next-word suggestions in the Language & Input -> Google Keyboard Settings :'(
Is there something that I need to do first do be able to disable it?

Also, I noticed a few seconds of lag when pressing the power button to unlock the phone and when opening the Camera too

Also, when I choose the "Recent Apps" soft key.. it's as the app that's currently being used is minimised and the homescreen is shown without any icons :(

The Build came with Busybox pre-installed and now its gone after a day of using my phone.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
HI,
I flashed this JB 4.2.2 stock build [ROM] [OTA][GSM] Android 4.2.2 JDQ39: Rooted | Galaxy Nexus > XDA for my Galaxy Nexus

Now... I've got a serious problem... I can't disable Next-word suggestions in the Language & Input -> Google Keyboard Settings :'(
Is there something that I need to do first do be able to disable it?

Also, I noticed a few seconds of lag when pressing the power button to unlock the phone and when opening the Camera too

Also, when I choose the "Recent Apps" soft key.. it's as the app that's currently being used is minimised and the homescreen is shown without any icons :(

The Build came with Busybox pre-installed and now its gone after a day of using my phone.

Have you tried downloading the Google keyboard in the play store? Or updating it? Also the recent apps key will do exactly as you described, or at least it does on mine and I'm still on 4.2.1 so I would say that's normal.

AMKhatri

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried downloading the Google keyboard in the play store? Or updating it? Also the recent apps key will do exactly as you described, or at least it does on mine and I'm still on 4.2.1 so I would say that's normal.

Yes, I updated Google Keyboard from play store... still the same.

AMKhatri

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
OK. I'll try that in a week or two as I'm on a tight schedule currently.
Also, is it bad to flash ROMs on a regular basis? Because I'm considering trying out Cyanogenmod, as i heard & read it's better in terms of performance, battery life & customizability.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

AMKhatri

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the prolonged silence..
I'm now on 4.3 thus the problem doesn't exist.

Thank you all for your inputs!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20