Force the 4.3 OTA on your GNex

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to get the 4.3 OTA since it appeared in the ASOP. I was finally able to "force" the OTA by following these simple instructions:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > All Apps

2. Find the Google Services Framework

3. Force Stop the app and then clear the data.

4. Go to Settings > About Tablet > System Update

5. The date should now show 12/31/1969 or something like that from 1969.

6. Check for the update.

I had to do this step 6 times, but it finally worked.

gnex4_3.png

Good Luck!

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick FYI....after the update, I could not update or install any apps from the Google Play Store. After an hour or so of frustration and searching the web for a solution, I contacted Google and spoke to "Audrey" and got this solution.

Delete your Google account: Settings > Under Accounts, select Google > Select your account > three vertical dots at the top right > Remove account (if you have multiple accounts, delete them all).

Go to Settings > Apps > All Apps > Google Play Store
Clear the data and cache

Re-add your Google account and downloads from the Play Store should now work.

7seven

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Or you can simply uninstall Google Play updates. After that, updates will automatically reinstall and when you open Google Play next time you have to agree with Terms and Conditions again. Then allow it 1-2 hours and your device will be available online again.

Posted via Android Central App

7seven

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I think it really depends on your location. They are releasing the update progressively and geographic location sure is a criteria.

EdiS91

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I am from albania. I have not get the update version yet. I try the first way but the update was in 1970 not in 1969. Can anybody help me?

Caballera

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Tried this on my Galaxy Nexus and it worked, took 3 tries and now it's downloading. Thanks!

Note I'm in NYC. Bought my GN about 3 weeks after it was released on the GPS.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
My wife uses a GSM Galaxy Nexus, and her update came through yesterday. She didn't do anything, not even check for updates. We live near Philadelphia, PA. I, however, am still waiting for the update on my Nexus 4. :'(

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
My wife's Gnex update came through a couple days ago here in Northern California.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4

run1fast

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a Gnex (Google IO 2012) in Colorado. Just got the push a few minutes ago. Didnt have to do anything special. I got tired of hitting update last week.