1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Nexus Update to 4.3 Question

Hey All,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus on the Telus network (I'm in Canada). My phone is currently on Android 4.2.1.

Android 4.3 came out recently (as I am sure you all know). My friends with Nexus 4's and Nexus 7's got the update, but my phone hasn't. I looked online and it seems that the Galaxy Nexus got the update as well but mine has not. I have tried the trick to clear the data on the Google Framework Services. People all over the world seem to have luck about it but not me I have done it 20 times and still no update.

Does anyone have any info that will help me (short of flashing the phone).

Thanks.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus Update to 4.3 Question

I suspect that you haven't converted your phone from yakjuux to either yakju or takju. Check online forums on how to do this or use the Wugfresh Nexus Toolbox. Your phone is still locked to the network. This was the case with all Galaxy Nexus phones purchased on contract in Canada. It will require you to flash the update onto your phone but you will then get updates for as long as Android supports this phone which may come into question when 5.0 Key Lime Pie comes out.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Looking into what you said seems very likely to me. Thanks for shining some light on this for me I appreciate it!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Just one more question, if I do flash it and put the new ROM on it, I wont have any problems getting on the Telus network?

Absolutely not. BTW the difference between yakju and takju is that takju has Google Wallet and more dictionaries. You can flash either.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks again! I will attempt this weekend!

*Hope this doesn't go badly*

Make sure that you make full backups of your phone. If you use the Nexus Toolkit it has a great help file. I ran into a temporary problem as my phone is rooted. I had to separately flash a new version of SuperSU. It is fun to play. That is one of the benefits of a Nexus phone.