Access internal storage with broken screen?

dboots

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
So my phone has no screen due to being dropped a few times over the last couple of months. I have a new one, but I would really like to grab some of the internal storage of the broken one. For some reason, when I plug it in to a PC, it doesn't acknowledge it as a device. If I go to Devices and Printers it is listed as Galaxy Nexus or CDS7 or Android 1.0. Strange behavior. Perhaps something more than the screen is broke, but I'd really like to a) get some sort of official word before shipping the phone out that the storage is indeed kaput or b) access the storage.

I believe this phone was previously rooted using some form of AOKP. If that helps at all.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Download the Samsung drivers from their site. If it still doesn't recognize it properly, download the ADB binaries. Find a short tutorial on how to use adb to pull files off and you shouldn't have a problem doing that. I use adb for everything, and it never fails me.

dboots

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. My new galaxy nexus seems to connect fine. So there is a hiccup somewhere with the old one. Seems adb doesn't even list it as a device.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. My new galaxy nexus seems to connect fine. So there is a hiccup somewhere with the old one. Seems adb doesn't even list it as a device.

You're out of luck without replacing the screen. I'd be willing to bet you never enabled debugging. This is the first thing you should do going forward with Android devices. Go into dev options and turn on USB debugging.