OK Google Not Responding

MaxWin100

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
After using the "OK Google" functionality for several days, my phone has stopped responding to the command. I have to click the microphone icon in the Google Now search bar to enable it. I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I've restarted the phone and searched for an answer but haven't found one. It just stopped working one day.

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
After using the "OK Google" functionality for several days, my phone has stopped responding to the command. I have to click the microphone icon in the Google Now search bar to enable it. I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I've restarted the phone and searched for an answer but haven't found one. It just stopped working one day.

Is your phone on silent? When my phone is on silent the ok google thing doesn't work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

MaxWin100

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
No, it's not on Silent. All alert and volume sounds are on and up. It works if I manually click on the microphone icon on the Google search bar and speak "OK Google". I thought it was supposed to work right from the home screen.

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
No, it's not on Silent. All alert and volume sounds are on and up. It works if I manually click on the microphone icon on the Google search bar and speak "OK Google". I thought it was supposed to work right from the home screen.

Are you using the google experience launcher?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

moblgrl

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem but it started after I received the update to 4.4 (nexus 7). I thought the update was responsible but perhaps not if yours also just stopped working.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

katypotaty

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

It's to do with the language settings on your phone. They need to be in US English. I think it's in the Google Voice Search settings.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem but it started after I received the update to 4.4 (nexus 7). I thought the update was responsible but perhaps not if yours also just stopped working.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

The Galaxy Nexus is not getting 4.4. 4.3 is the last update.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
There have been a lot of problems with it since KitKat, even on some Nexus 5 devices.

I know you don't have KitKat but does the problem clear up if you turn the phone off and turn it back on? Maybe clearing your Google Search cache would help.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

MaxWin100

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I tried turning the phone off and on a few times. Doesn't matter. I haven't cleared all Google Saerch Cache since I've read that that can cause other problems, and it isn't a perfect fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87