1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Galaxy Nexus Stuck at Google Screen - Please Help

Hello

So I have a GSM Galaxy Nexus that was running stock 4.3 (maguro)

Having been really frustrated with the low volume on the device, I decided to try the method mentioned on this link - Download Fix for Google Galaxy Nexus I9250 Volume Issue - Android Advices (VolumeFix by MoDaCo)

After I applied the fix and rebooted, my phone got stuck at the Google screen. My phone was unlocked prior to applying this fix so I went ahead and installed the CWM recovery - despite that, I cannot go past the Google screen, I haven't been able to install the CWM-SuperSU on my phone yet because I cannot transfer it to my phone without having it connected as a USB storage device. I tried adb push CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip /sdcard/ but it says "device not found"

I have even downloaded the stock 4.2.1 ROM to flash my phone with it, but at this stage I cannot do anything. I have logged into recovery and have wiped cache/ partitions/ dalvik etc but still it doesn't work.

Kindly advise me on how to fix my phone. I bought it a couple of months ago and being in India, Galaxy Nexus has no support here

Many thanks in advance

Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Stuck at Google Screen - Please Help

I may get shot for saying this, but here's my advice.

Download Wug's Galaxy Nexus Toolkit. It allows you to download the latest factory images and restore your device to stock. There's even an option to do this if the device is bootlooping. There are also options under the "advanced" tab to push files to your device (and to "pull" them from the device, although I've had mixed luck with this). Before you do anything though, do some reading and research. If you can spare a few days without your phone (or borrow someone's phone for now) the best thing would be to read and research before doing anything more to your device.

I am going to say this now, PLEASE be aware that chances are good you will loose any files on your phone while trying to restore it. I hope you have recent backups of anything important.

I am also going to say that unless you are 100% comfortable using ADB and Fastboot commands to make changes to your device, using a toolkit is much easier (and usually safer -- but NOT 100% foolproof!) I am NOT 100% comfortable using ADB/Fastboot, so I rely on toolkits. Wugs seems to be the easiest to use and fairly reliable in my experience.

Good luck!
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile