| || |
Galaxy Nexus Reboot Loop
I'm trying to help a friend to fix her Galaxy Nexus (SC-040 from Japan). Her phone would boot past the Google logo (with the unlocked icon at bottom), then freezes a second and restart at the "Franco Kernel" screen. The only hint I have is that her storage is getting somewhat full around 100MB or so left when the phone suddenly go into this mode without her touching anything system related.
I'm an IT person but don't have experience using android phones or rooting them, so appreciate your help here. Checked online and played a bit with the phone and here's what I tried:
1) Tried booting into the CWM recovery mode (v.184.108.40.206) - Wipe cache partition, as well as wipe Dalvik cache, reboot again same issue
2) Since there is no easy way to get the phone working, I plan to backup the user data (pictures, app and messages) and restore to factory settings. I tried mouintg USB storage - and get "E:Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file or directory)". Read on here somewhere that it is an issue with CWM and/or Galaxy Nexus doesn't support this (can someone confirm)? Perhaps using the more updated version 6 would help, which leads to next issue
3) Tried to flash to the latest CWM mod for Galaxy Nexus, but then I realize that the Galaxy Nexus has no external SD card option. Then I tried the "install zip from sd card" > "choose zip from sd card" just to see what comes up, and it appears to show me the internal flash storage folders (contains folder such as Android, DCIM, Download, etc...). Since it can "see" the internal storage, I can assume the flash storage seems to be working ok (at least at reading the folders)
4) Since I cannot transfer from an external SD card into the Nexus, I tried downloading the SkipSoft Android Toolkit. After playing around with it a little, it appears to have the option to let me: a) push and pull file from Nexus, b) flash CWM. However, after I tried using the options (and installing all files necessary at the prompt), it's telling me my phone is not in developer / debug mode and that I need to enable that after booting into Android (which I can't)
So here's my 3-4 hours of playing with the phone / online to try to fix it to no avail. My question is:
1) Is there another tool that will let me access the internal storage while in the CWM recovery mode so I can backup the files to my PC
2) Anything else I can try to get pass the reboot loop without getting to storage (step 1)?
Many many thanks!!!!