Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to update Galaxy Nexus from 4.0.2 to 4.2

I had a Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.2.1 and it broke. My insurance replaced it, so I have a new Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.0.2. The new phone doesn't show that any system updates are available. (Well, I think it updated from 4.0.0 to 4.0.2 as soon as I turned it on, but nothing since then.) How do I update it to 4.2?

Sorry if I'm not giving enough information; I'm new and I'm not sure what's relevant.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: How to update Galaxy Nexus from 4.0.2 to 4.2

When I reloaded my GNex, I left wifi on overnight and it downloaded updates at its leisure. Then it prompted me the next time I fired it up.

Maybe my unhelpful response will prompt someone with chops to see it and help you out.

Somebody, somewhere, right now is stuffing Twinkies in their shorts.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

-I am in Canada and my provider is Mobilicity.
    -I have tried going to About Phone -> System Updates and nothing shows up. When I first got the phone, it updated from like 4.0.0 or 4.0.1 to 4.0.2, but that's all that has showed up. I also tried clearing the cache and force stopping Google Services Framework, as suggested in another thread.
    -I don't really know what it means to install the update manually; I guess I'm willing to, but I feel that something must be wrong because this is the exact same phone (as far as I can tell) I've had for the last year with the exact same provider. When I got this phone one year ago, it ran Jelly Bean automatically, so I don't get why this one wouldn't do the same automatically.

-Sometimes when I click System Updates, after it says there no updates available and shows "Last checked for updates" as the current time, it starts downloading a 41.2 MB "Android System Update". After it downloads, it restarts and gets that picture of the robot having surgery, but it's still running 4.0.2.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I noticed another thing: when it downloads the "Android System Update" and restarts, the picture of the robot starts off as a green guy standing up with a blue thing spinning in his chest, but then it changes to the green guy laying down with a red caution triangle over his chest. Does that tell me anything?