- 3 Posts
Am I the only one that noticed their Gnex getting slower?
I have had my Gnex for almost 2 years now and after I was fed up with the crummy glitches Android was left with by Google, I went to Cyanogenmod where my device seemed to have great support. But after the Nexus 4 was released, the dev community got real quiet. After Kit Kat was released, I did what any other rooted Gnex user would do and installed a Kit Kat rom. CM11( the snapshots, since they are more stable than the nightlies). After I installed this, everything lagged and I tried everything to make it fast again. Custom kernel and overclocked, ran seeder, deleted some apps, used all stock apps, left 3gigs of space open just in case TRIM wasn't working, I even tried ART(unstable and buggy) and running the transitions to go faster. Is anyone else feeling the age of the Galaxy Nexus or is it just me? My device can be so slow to even run a mobile web page without stalling for a bit.
- 05-27-2014, 08:16 AM #2
Re: Am I the only one that noticed their Gnex getting slower?
Sure as time goes on things can start to slow down. Plus things are more optimized these days to run on newer and higher end devices so the older GNex is mostlikely showing its age. My daughter has my old GNex and all she does is complain its slow and locking up constantly. I attribute much of the same I said here to her problems also.Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
- By norbi9701 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 6Last Post: 05-31-2014, 03:56 AM
- By PxuLL in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 49Last Post: 05-30-2014, 02:21 AM
- By SwiftHax in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 14Last Post: 05-26-2014, 02:08 PM
- By sallyfitz1 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 05-25-2014, 11:03 AM
- By radibg2 in forum General Photography LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: 05-25-2014, 07:42 AM