1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Talking interested in google tv need advice

i was wondering what others have done and which option is better. I don't have a hdtv as of now so should i buy the sony google tv, or get a seperate box and buy a hd tv?

Default Re: interested in google tv need advice

I purchased a logitech revue because the tv's that had google tv did not have the higher specifications i was looking for in a tv.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

and how do you like it? are you glad you got it?

I was in a similar position as you. I needed another TV, so I did just buy the 40" GTV.

Pretty happy with the purchase (and now they are cheaper then back then) and as dbuss said, similar priced TVs offer better specs, but in my comparisons there wasn't enough of a difference (biggest gripe was it is still 60Hz Refresh, but it looks better than my buddy's Samsung 120 Hz).

In the end, look for the deals and go from there. However, we may see GTV 2.0 shortly so it might be worth the wait overall.

Quote Originally Posted by dyllonsdabaum View Post
    and how do you like it? are you glad you got it?
    I do like my Logitech Revue. I was most interested in the video calling and the web browser. I enjoy listening to AM radio stations around the country and this allows me to do that with great audio through my AVR. Video calling with our kids and grand-kids is great.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by dbuss View Post
    I do like my Logitech Revue. I was most interested in the video calling and the web browser. I enjoy listening to AM radio stations around the country and this allows me to do that with great audio through my AVR. Video calling with our kids and grand-kids is great.
    but couldn't i buy some kind of webcam for my sony GTV?

Quote Originally Posted by dyllonsdabaum View Post
    but couldn't i buy some kind of webcam for my sony GTV?
    The Revue only works with the Logitech camera. I don't know what you can do with the Sony TV.